Tuesday, May 24, 2016

January 2016

January wasn't a very busy month, so I'm going to include it all in one post.
January 2nd, we had a Primary activity where the kids could meet their new primary teachers.  It was an ice cream party held in the afternoon.  We had a great turn out!
Sunday January 3rd
Since it was a new year, our church time changed from 9 am to 1 pm.  It had snowed though, so they actually cancelled church!!
 Looking down on our street from Maggie and Paige's window.
 The kids went out immediately to check it out and then came in to get dressed in warmer clothes. 
 Playing on the trampoline and making snow angels.
 For some reason, Paige was sprinkling snow on Bella.  
 going out into the forest
 They were in and out all day.  In the evening, it started raining and they were trying to finish their snowman.  They only made a little baby one, but it was cute.  
It went below freezing during the night and of course all the wet snow froze on the roads and sidewalks, so they cancelled school the next day too.  :)
They went back on Tuesday though.  
Thursday January 7th
Today was Paige's 11th birthday!!  She begged me to bring in cupcakes for her class, so I gave in.
 in her class, before handing them out.
 We didn't go out to eat that night because Maggie had basketball practice, but I did make her favorite meal and we opened presents.  
 She got a couple of books, 
 She got a Harry Potter t-shirt and some chocolate frogs--she was really into Harry Potter at the moment
 and she also got this big Calico Critters house.  She and Bella got some other Calico Critters for Christmas, too.
For her cake, she wanted a strawberry cheesecake.  
Here's her birthday questionnaire:
1.  What is your favorite color?  light Easter colors
2.  What is your favorite toy?  Calico critters
3.  What is your favorite fruit?  raspberries
4.  What is your favorite TV show?  Liv and Maddie; Studio C
5.  What is your favorite movie?  Aladdin
6.  What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch?  pasta
7.  What is your favorite outfit?  dark jeans, snow boots, long sleeve shirt
8.  What is your favorite game?  Battleship or headbands
9.  What is your favorite animal?  horse, turtle, dog
10.  What is your favorite snack?  pretzels
11.  What is your favorite song?  Compass by Lady Antebellum
12.  Who is your best friend?  Hailey Jones, Ashley Noel, Brooke Nelson, Lilly Hunter, Ella Scharosch
13.  What is your favorite book?  Harry Potter
14.  What is your favorite cereal?  Reeces Puffs
15.  What is your favorite thing to do outside?  jump on the trampoline
16.  What is your favorite drink?  root beer
17.  What is your favorite holiday?  Christmas
18.  What do you like to sleep with at night?  Shelly the bear
19.  What is your favorite thing for dinner?  Sweet pork tacos
20.  What do you want to be when you grow up?  a teacher
21.  What food do I not like?  veggitables
22.  What is something that I do well?  math
23.  What is something I need to practice?  math
24.  My favorite place to go:  Mexico
25.  My favorite family activities:  Family home evening
26.  My favorite thing about home:  my room
27.  A place I want to visit:  Egypt
28:  My favorite part of the day:  Getting home from school
Friday January 8th
 At Maggie's basketball game...she gets to jump for the ball.
 getting some instruction from her coach
 looking good making a shot
Saturday January 9th
 Maggie and her friends Emma and Spencer at the Rose Gardens.  They've been going once a month and taking pictures.
 Maggie and Emma 'twinning' the next day at church
Wednesday January 13th
 Garrett got free tickets to a Blazers basketball game so he took Maggie.
 Saturday January 16th
 Garrett got tickets to go see the BYU boys basketball team play somewhere--I can't remember.  He took Maggie and his dad to this game.  
 Monday January 18th
Since it was MLK, Jr day, Garrett put up some of the extra wood boards from the kitchen island in our master bathroom.  I've been wanting him to do that for a long time and I really like it!  Now, we just need to paint the other walls.  
Here's the finished island in the kitchen.  I don't think I ever posted a picture when he was done.  He finished over Christmas break. 
Wednesday January 20th
 the kids have taken my preschool stuff and started playing school with it up in the playroom.  I love it!
Friday January 29th
 Since Garrett is now in Young Men's, he was able to go on the snow camp out with the scouts. He said it was fun, but that would not be my cup of tea!!
 Looks pretty cold and miserable!!
 He got there a bit later than everyone else because he couldn't take the whole day off of work, so instead of digging out a cave, he dug out a trench and put a door over the top (an extra shed door that he brought with him.  Totally looks like a grave to me.  I couldn't have stayed in there, but he said he was warm and cozy.  
This is what it looked like in the morning.  Yuck!  He did say that it had snowed in the night, so when he tried to get out in the morning, the door was harder to open with all the snow on top of it.  Sounds scary to me! 

1 comment:

Megan said...

Love the wood planked bathroom and island! So cool! I love how your kids play school. Remember how we used to do that all of the time? So fun! And I'm SO out with that kind of camping/sleeping!!!