Saturday Nov. 14th
For my birthday (my 40th--aahh, I'm so old!!) I wanted to go to the beach for the weekend with Garrett. Since we weren't coming back from Great Wolf Lodge till Friday night, we left Saturday morning for Lincoln City. Garrett had booked us a room at a hotel that was right on the beach. It was so cool! We stayed at the Inn at Spanish Head.
We ate lunch at a really good Mexican restaurant in Lincoln City before we got to the hotel. I wish I could remember the name of it so we can go back another time, it was really good!
This was the main room and they had a bedroom also.
This was the view from our room.
After checking in and getting settled, we went down to the beach for a walk. It was pretty windy, but it was nice.
After our walk, we headed out to see a the new James Bond movie, "Spectre'. When we got back, we ate our leftovers from lunch and then read our books in the peace and quiet. It was heavenly.
It was really windy and rainy outside and it was fun to listen to the surf and the wind and watch the storm outside.
The next morning, we slept in and then went to have breakfast in the hotel restaurant. This was our view as we ate. It was so beautiful. We had to check out, but we didn't want to head back home. It was a Sunday, so we couldn't really go and do anything. So we found a place to park near a beach so we could watch the waves and we both read for awhile. I'm sure that sounds boring to many of you, but I love to read and don't find a lot of time to read except at night, when I'm tired. So to have long stretches of time to read was perfect for me. Plus, I had great company and a beautiful view. It was a pretty awesome weekend!
Thursday Nov. 19th
Lydia turned 13 on the 19th so I officially have two teenagers now. She had a friend party last year, so it was just a family party this year. I had a stake training meeting that night, so we didn't get to go to dinner that night, and she didn't get to open her presents until I got home around 9.
Getting her favorite candy bar with one of her presents.
Getting some basketball shorts--she's been wanting these for awhile. She also got a nice hoodie/leather jacket.
Garrett also surprised her with a year's worth of guitar lessons from a really cool guy in our ward, who also happens to be the seminary teacher at Glencoe. She got a guitar last year for her birthday, but hasn't done much with it. She was a little nervous about starting lessons, but she is doing so well and picking it up really fast.
Ready to blow out the candles and eat her favorite cake--Texas Sheet Cake--she requests it every year!! Happy Birthday Lydia!!
Lydia's Annual Questionaire
Favorite color: green
Favorite dessert: Texas sheet cake with vanilla ice cream
Favorite thing for dinner: teriyaki chicken and rice
Favorite book: Percy Jackson
Best friends: Kali Noel, Elise Squire, and Taylor Knight
What do you love about yourself? my hair (pixie cuts rock!)
What is your favorite thing about school? almost everything except science
What is your favorite thing to do with your mom? taking pictures
What is your favorite thing to do with your dad? playing pranks and jokes
If you had a day alone with mom and dad, what would you do? go to the beach
What is the best thing you've learned this year? Middle school's not bad. :)
What makes you most proud? friends
What makes you happy? family
Where would you like to go on vacation this year? Alaska
What do you want to be when you grow up? Just like my mom and dad
What do you like about being in Young women's? the leaders
Who is your favorite apostle? President Uchtdorf
1 comment:
I can't believe you're 40! "We're getting so old." :) The view from your hotel is fabulous! What a great get away. Lydia looks cute in her birthday pictures! You must be doing something right for her to give you those kind of answers in her birthday questions!! She sounds like a sweet girl!
Post a Comment