Wednesday April 22nd
Youth Temple Trip for Mutual
Lydia and her friend Taylor--it was Taylor's first time going to the temple.
Lydia's silhouette against the temple which we thought was cool.
Thursday April 23rd
Garrett brought home two sets of boxing gloves that he got free from Intel and the kids had lots of boxing matches.
Friday April 24th
Maggie's 15th Birthday
Birthday signs for when Maggie comes home from school
Lydia made this one
She chose to eat at Chevy's for her birthday dinner. She's opening a card from her grandma and grandpa.
Back at home and opening presents
showing off her new muscles from her strength training class. She's so proud! :)
She got a dress, a skirt, a Maroon 5 t-shirt, a driver's ed manual and Imagine Dragons concert tickets.
She asked for cheesecake for her birthday, so we went the easy way and bought it from the store.
Saturday April 25th
Today, there was a Youth Conference that Maggie went to all day with her friends where Corbin Allred (an LDS actor who was in Saints and Soldiers and the Saratov Approach) was the main speaker. I don't have any pictures, but she said it was a great Youth Conference.
Paige had a birthday party at the local pool so after Garrett dropped her off at her party, he let Bella and Noah play at the new park.
After everyone got home from their various activities, we went and bought flowers for our backyard and planted them. I love the color it adds to our backyard.
Beautiful sky that evening
Tuesday April 28th
4th graders have a ton of field trips and Paige begged me to go on at least one. So, I finally arranged for someone to watch Noah and went on the field trip to the State Capitol. Riding the bus for the hour and a half ride--it was loud and a little squishy. My legs were smashed into the back of the seat in front of us. Good times!
On top of the state capitol--we got to go up and look at the tall statue on top of the building. This is Paige and Ella.
The view of Salem.
The Golden Man statue
Listening to the tour guide
In the Governor's office
Cool pictures on the wall of Lewis and Clark
Outside the Capitol Building. We ate our lunch at a park across the street.
Thursday April 30th
Garrett's 41st birthday
Bella's 7th birthday
When Bella came home from school, I had a sign on the door to tell her to come in and stop right in front of the streamers for a birthday surprise. As soon as she came in, Noah and I dumped balloons and confetti on to her and yelled out "Happy Birthday!" I think she was surprised and seemed to like it. We all then did the same thing to Garrett when he got home that evening!
I can't believe she's 7!!
While she was opening presents, her grandpa and grandma Hansen called from Utah to wish her a happy birthday.
She got some money, legos, a new swim suit, and some art things. We saved the rest of her presents so that she could open them up later at her other family party that we were having on Saturday.
Paige wrapped some of her old jewelry and little toys to give to Bella. It was a nice thought, but Bella was being silly and making the funniest faces about it.
Garrett opening his cards and gifts
I made a Texas Sheet cake for them because Bella wanted a chocolate cake. I think this is the cutest picture of them!
When they were blowing out the candles, Garrett blew in Bella's face and I love her face when he did it. She is so cute and I love how silly Garrett is with the kids. He is a fun dad!
























1 comment:
Busy Birthday time! Yay for Maggie getting Imagine Dragon concert tix! I love them! Very cute pic of Garrett & Bella with their cake! I love chocolate sheet cake, too! Yum!
Post a Comment