Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Christmas!!! (Finally)

December 23rd
We made sugar cookies before Christmas Eve for once!  The kids had fun, even though I think it's a chore.
December 24
We spent the early afternoon helping to make Christmas dinner and going to the store for last minute things.  We then headed over to Jim and Georgia's house for Christmas dinner and festivities.  They invited their neighbor, Bill and a couple from their ward who didn't have anywhere else to go, for dinner.  We sang some Christmas carols while Bill played his guitar. 
Then we acted out the Nativity.  Garrett as Joseph, Lydia and Grandpa as shepherds.
Paige as a beautiful angel.  
Joseph, Mary and our donkey
Admiring their new baby
The angel and the star.
The shepherds worshipping baby Jesus.
Maggie representing all the wise men.
Mary and Joseph
Afterwards, we opened some presents.  Before Christmas, I taught a family home evening lesson about why we gifts and about how serving others is a gift to Jesus.  So, the week before Christmas, we drew names and we had to perform at least 5 acts of service for that person--in secret.  Then, you were supposed to write down what you did and wrap it up to give it that person for Christmas.  One of the service items could be making a gift for your person, if you chose to do that.  Bella is opening a gift from Paige--which along with her good deeds was a homemade baby ornament for Bella since we don't seem to have one for her.  (Even though I thought we did.)
Paige opened one from Bella which was some bobby pins that she painted pretty colors with nail polish.  
Then grandma and grandpa had presents for us to open from them.
A Connect 4 game, which the kids love
and fun socks
It was getting late, so we were about to head home, but then we realized that Grandpa hadn't read "The Night Before Christmas".  So we did that and then went home. 
I love Noah watching him as he reads. So cute!
When we got home, we had the kids open their jammies from Grandma and Grandpa Hansen
New jammies in front of our Nativity tree.
And one with goofy faces
We had to set out milk and cookies and carrots for the Big Guy.
December 25th
Love the look of excitement in their eyes!  Christmas is magical!
What was really magical is that we all slept in till at least 8 I think.  Love it!
Noah letting us know that he loves Christmas!
Checking out what Santa brought
And checking out stockings
Noah's new Batman robe
Bella got a panda that walks and makes noises.
And she got a ton of Legos!
Lydia still loves playmobile!
Noah got 2 star wars figures--Darth Vader and Obi Wan.  Playing with dad
Garrett got this remote controlled mini flying thing.  It's not a helicopter, it's a tiny thing.  I can't remember what it's called.  He also got a new remote controlled helicopter that he really loves, too.
Lydia got a new camera--she loves taking pictures.
New piano music for Maggie.  Even though she quit her lessons, she's still practicing!
This year, I decided to make all the kids a homemade gift.  It took a lot of time, but I had a lot of fun coming up with something I thought they would really like. This was part of Bella's.  She really loves to color.  So, I found a website that would turn your pictures into coloring pages and I did probably 15 pictures of her for her to color.  Then I decorated a notebook for her to put them in (because she has coloring pictures stuffed in every nook and cranny in her room.)  I also decorated a clip board for her to use when she's coloring.  
 Noah's present was a homemade bag for church.
 Paige loves hair accessories, so I made her these reversible head bands. I should take a picture of her wearing them.
 I made the same thing for Maggie and Lydia.  It's hard to know what to do for them.  I came up with the idea of taking a regular journal and filling it with inspirational quotes and memes--(is that the right word for those things?)  Anyways, I wanted them to be able to look at it everyday and read something inspirational.  I don't think they've used them yet, but I like the idea that they have it there to look at.  
Hanging out after opening presents and eating breakfast.  
Garrett flying his new toy--the kids are scared of it, because it hurts if it hits you.
Noah playing with his new remote controlled monster truck.
Cute Paigey girl
I think this was the day after Christmas.--More playing
December 31st
New Years Eve
I was awful at taking pictures.  I don't think I got one.  The ones that I have came from Lydia.  This was our dinner--hoagies, 7 Layer bean dip, cheese ball/crackers and chips and fruit.  
Jim and Georgia came over and after we ate, we played games such as Disney Scene it and Apples to Apples.  Jim and Georgia went home and then Garrett drove Maggie to a stake dance that was like 30 minutes away.  I put Bella and Noah to bed and then when Garrett got back, the rest of us watched "Sherman and Mr. Peabody" which is a pretty cute movie.  After that, we all went to bed.
Maggie and her friend Emma at the dance.
Woohoo--I'm finally into 2015!!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Yay for 2015!! Your Christmas looked nice. You got some cute pictures! Love Lydia's new camera! Why isn't Maggie taking piano anymore?? That's a bummer. I love your homemade gifts! They're always so thoughtful. I need to make Emmett a church bag. Maybe I can do it on my own now that you helped me with the Halloween ones!

tiffany said...

Yes, your homemade gifts were awesome! Looks like a great Christmas!