Tuesday, March 3, 2015

The Rest of October--including Halloween!

Sunday October 26th
 This is where you can usually find my younger three kids in the morning on the weekends or if there's no school.  They wake up and come downstairs and watch TV and/or play on ipads and eat cereal out of boxes until one of the parents comes down and tells them to turn it off.  It works for us because we get to sleep in!  I find it especially amusing to see Noah with his Construction worker costume on over his jammies this morning.  So cute!
 After church that same day, we headed over to Jim and Georgia's because she likes to feed us dinner and I'm not one to complain about a home cooked meal that I didn't have to cook!  They had just gotten their barn repainted.  I like the gray, but I loved the red that it was.  It really helps to have the red accents though.  It looks really nice and I was super happy they kept the quilt squares. It's such a notorious barn because of the quilt squares.  
 After dinner for FHE, we played the last Halloween game that I had planned for our party that we didn't have time for.  My kids love the game Headbandz, so I made a Halloween version and we played it at their house.  Funny thing though is that Georgia HATES that game with a passion.  She usually refuses to play it, but she was a good sport about it this time.  My kids think it's so funny to tease her about it.  
 Wednesday October 29th
 For our mutual activity, our ward and one other ward was invited to a Halloween activity put on by another ward in our stake.  This is the 2nd or 3rd time they've done it and its usually really fun.  It's fun to see all the costumes!  This is Maggie and her best friend Emma.
 Kids from our ward: Stewart, Spencer, Shay, Emma and Maggie.
Maggie actually won an award for Best Female Superhero that night!
 Maggie and I back at home
Thursday October 30th
 Cute pictures of Lydia that she took with her itouch.  
 I can't believe how much she's growing up!  She's so beautiful!
 Noah playing with the cups again
 That night we carved our pumpkins.  We didn't go to a pumpkin patch this year.  We actually got these pumpkins from Jim and Georgia's garden.  Nice!
 Getting into the slimy stuff
 The finished pumpkins
 Maggie was at her ballroom dance class, so she didn't carve her pumpkin. (till much later--in November)
Friday October 31st
 Noah's preschool allowed them to wear costumes to school.  
 This is his class and his two teachers.  Miss Christe on the left and Miss Becky on the right.
 These are the "3 Musketeers" as their teacher calls them.  These are the boys that are in our carpool.  Eli, Cooper and Noah.  Cooper is Noah's best friend.
 Eli's mom is a storyteller and she dressed up and came to the preschool to tell Halloween stories. 
 They also got to hammer "nails" into pumpkins.
 Back at home, I wanted to take a picture of this new Halloween set-up.  I bought this wreath that I put under the cauldron as a fire pit.  I love the raven and the spell books by the witch, too.
For an after school Halloween treat--I bought these donuts and put fangs in them.  
 Our dinner setting for our meatloaf, squash and green bean Halloween dinner
 We got these Disney place mats at Disneyland this summer.  All the characters are in front of the Haunted Mansion.  
 Getting our costumes on for Trick-or-Treating.  Cute Bella was Anna.  She wanted to be Elsa but I couldn't find an Elsa dress in her size--anywhere.  
 Noah as Batman
 Lydia was a Greek goddess
 and Paige was Princess Fiona from Shrek.
 The gang.  Maggie was going out with some friends later, so she didn't go with them.
 Captain America
The kids having a good time Trick-or-Treating.  We really didn't have as many trick-or-treaters as we normally do.  I had lots of candy left over, which is really unheard of around here.  I didn't dress up this year.  I was really bummed about it, but I just didn't take the time.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I just LOVE those Halloween place mats! I totally want them! And I love Paige's costume. She looked great! You should've dressed up as Pipi or a nerd again on Halloween. Looked like a great Halloween!

tiffany said...

Wonderful costumes and I just LOVE all your Halloween decorations! Great idea with the twiggy wreath under your cauldron!