Friday, March 13, 2015

Finishing up November

Wednesday November 19th
 Along with it being Lydia's 12th birthday(Yay!!!!), it was also our Young Women in Excellence Night.  I was in charge of decorations and so we had to come early to help set up.  Therefore, we had to open presents when we got home.  And we had to go out and celebrate on Saturday night. 
 In case it isn't obvious, we had a "Star" theme.  I thought it turned out cute.  
 Our young women singing.  It was Lydia's first YW activity, so at the beginning we had her stand up and we all sang happy birthday to her.  She was pretty embarrassed. :)
Back home opening presents.  Isn't she beautiful?  I can't believe how grown-up she looks!!
 She got some cash to go shopping and buy herself a new outfit.  
 This was her big present that she was asking for.  
 She got a guitar!!  She was so excited.
and some guitar books to help her learn to play. 
Here's her birthday questions for 12 years:
Favorite color:  turquoise
Favorite dessert:  Texas sheet cake
What is your favorite thing for dinner:  chicken honey nut stir fry
Do you collect anything:  bouncy balls
What is your favorite movie:  Star Wars
Favorite book:  Percy Jackson
Favorite song:  'Bleeding Out' by Imagine Dragons.
Who are your best friends:  Elise, Kali and Katelyn
What do you love about yourself:  my sense of humor
Favorite thing about school:  everything
Who is your teacher: Ms. Kolstad
What is your favorite thing to do with your mom:  be on the brunette team
What is your favorite thing to do with your dad:  make jokes
If you had a day alone with mom and dad, what would you do:  go bowling
What is the best thing you have learned this year:  long division and fractions
What makes you most proud: my family
What makes you laugh/smile: comedians, anyone funny
What makes you happy:  anything funny
Where you you love to go on vacation:  Alaska
What are some of your wishes for this year:  Pixie cut and cute clothes
What do you want to be when you grow up:  a mom
What is your favorite scripture:  Mosiah 2:17
What do you like about being in Young women's:  the excitement
Who is your favorite apostle:  Thomas S. Monson
Friday November 21st
Lydia's Friend Party
The last "friend birthday party" I plan for my kids is their 10th birthday.  Then for their 11th, they have a family party.  They can have a friend party for their 12th, but they have to plan it.  So Lydia wanted to have her friends over for dinner--pizza, she wanted to play games, decorate cup cakes, have fondue and have a sleep over.  I don't normally like having sleep overs or let my kids go to sleep overs, but she talked me into it since we let Maggie have a sleep over for one of her parties.  I guess it's now the new tradition since Paige is talking about having one for her 12th birthday.  
 I hung up a few decorations.  I put pictures of her for every year of her life onto a balloon and hung them around the room with streamers.  
Just born
6 years old
5 years old
10 years old
They decorated balloons
Played Apples to Apples and some other games.  Hung out in her room--talking and giggling.
After dinner, they decorated cupcakes.
Katelyn and Kali
Elise and Lydia
Scooter
Then they opened presents
Getting some books she really wanted
Cute girls
Later, we set up their beds in front of the TV and tried to find a movie that they all could watch.  It ended up being some cheesy princess movie that I had never seen before and I can't even remember the name of it.  No one could agree on a movie!  I went to bed then, but they stayed up watching Barbie shows off of Netflix.  I'm not sure what time they went to bed.
That morning after breakfast they played Monopoly.  Lydia and Kali's favorite game to play.  They were supposed to be picked up at 10, but we never got around to having fondue the night before.  So, I got everything ready and had them call their parents to see if they could stay for another half hour and eat fondue.  It was pretty yummy!
I had these photo prop things out, but I wasn't able to get pictures of the girls when they were playing with them.  But I did get this one of Noah, later in the day.
Maggie had her basketball pictures this morning--Garrett took her while I was getting breakfast for the party girls.
Her JV2 team
That night we took Lydia out for her birthday at a Teriyaki place
Sunday November 23rd:  Maggie spoke in sacrament meeting about the Holy Ghost and it was Lydia's first Sunday in Young Women's.
Monday November 24th:  The kids didn't have school today because of teacher conferences, (except Maggie--she still had school) so I took the kids to the mall to get Lydia's 12 year pictures taken and so she could go shopping for some new clothes.
Here are some of her pictures:
Tuesday November 25th:
The youth had a Temple Trip to do baptisms for the dead and so it was Lydia's first time to go to the temple!  We had Jim and Georgia watch the kids so that Garrett and I could go too.  It was pretty awesome--so cool to have two of my children in the temple doing Heavenly Father's work!  And so awesome that Garrett and I could be there to share in the experience!  I'm so proud of Lydia and Maggie!
Wednesday November 26th:
Spending the day getting ready for Thanksgiving
 Maggie (with Noah and Bella as helpers) makes an apple pie
I was making rolls.  I decided to try a new recipe that were supposedly from the Lion House in Utah.  But, they weren't that good.  So, the next day I made some of my dad's whole wheat honey rolls that we all love!
Thursday November 27:
Thanksgiving!!
 Jim found this card and gave it to us for Thanksgiving.  We thought it was so funny!
 rolls and banana cream pie!!
 The table
 the kids being silly before dinner was ready
 Georgia cooked the turkey this year again and also did the stuffing.  It was good, but I love the kind we make.  So, I made a batch to eat with our left overs.  :)
Yummy food!
We watched some football after dinner, took naps, played Apples to Apples and later that night, watched "The Giver" with Maggie and Garrett.
Friday November 28th:
This morning we went to the temple with some friends of ours in our ward.  It was nice to get to the temple with Garrett to do an endowment session.  It had been awhile, so I'm grateful to the Squires for inviting us to go with them.  Garrett's parents work at the temple on Fridays, so when we got done, they were finishing up.  So, we went with them and stopped for lunch at Chevy's before coming home.  It was such a nice morning.  I spent the rest of the day taking down Thanksgiving decorations.  Saturday November 29th:
We went to get our Christmas tree today.  Next year we need to remember to not get it so early!!  Our poor tree was so dead before Christmas.  It wasn't even funny.  So dead.  
 I love the clouds in this one...
 stopping to pose
 Right as we found our tree, it started SNOWING!!  Crazy! It didn't last long, though.
 Lydia trying to catch snow flakes on her tongue
 They have this big fire there to sit around while you drink your hot chocolate
Maggie's pumpkin didn't rot, so she decided to carve a Christmas tree into it today.  It was too weird for me.  Seeing a pumpkin on the porch when there's a Christmas wreath on the door.  And then inside, you have this beautiful Christmas tree smell and then you smell pumpkin....does NOT work!!
We got the Christmas boxes out so we could decorate the tree the next day.  That evening, Garrett took all the kids over to Jim and Georgia's (minus Maggie) so that he could watch a basketball game with Jim and also for a chance to hot tub.  Maggie and I had a date to go see "Mockingjay" which is why he took all the kids.  
Sunday November 30th:
Decorating the tree
 Maggie and Lydia took my camera and started taking silly pictures of themselves.  They started out cute, but then turned weird. :)
 Noah putting the angel on the tree
Merry Christmas!!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Lydia is a very pretty girl! I'm glad she had a fun birthday. How cool that she got a guitar! Is she going to take lessons? I agree, pumpkin and Christmas DO NOT mix!! :)

tiffany said...

Yes, I love Lydia's hair at that length. She's adorable! Glad she had a fun party with her friends! I'm also in agreement with not mixing Halloween and Christmas! :)
Last year, well 2013, Mom and Dad were here at Halloween. However, the city cancelled trick-or-treating on Oct. 31 because we had bad storms, so we did it on Nov. 1. But previously we had planned to have an early Thanksgiving on Nov. 1 with Mom and Dad, so we ended up having Thanksgiving dinner with trick-or-treating going on. Very strange!!

tiffany said...

I love your blog homepage photo of Noah with you in the background. Very cute of you!!