Monday, February 2, 2015

Random photos, First Days of School and 1st Half of September

August 27
The day after we got back from camping, the girls had check-up appointments for their wisdom teeth, and then after that I took them out school shopping and out to lunch.  We had a fun time and they found some cute things.  We ate lunch at Sweet Tomatoes. 
 That evening the kids took all their school supplies to the school and were able to meet their teachers for the year.  For First Grade, Bella has Mrs. Scott--we really like her.  Paige had her for kindergarten, Paige has two teachers who teach part time--Mrs. Dow and Mrs. Golay for 4th grade.  We really love Mrs. Dow--she is a fabulous teacher!  Maggie had her in 4th grade and Lydia had her for reading in 4th grade.  Lydia got Mrs. Kolstad for 6th grade, who is another fabulous teacher.  Maggie had her for 6th and learned so much from her.  All the kids were happy with their new teachers.  
I must've taken Paige and Bella school shopping the next day.  We went out to lunch, too although I can't remember where.  Probably Sweet Tomatoes again.  My kids love that place.  
August 30th
 Garrett had to go to Home Depot to get more supplies for the back yard.  I thought it was so cute that he was showing Noah all the saws and tools.  
 Noah was trying with all his might to push our cart, but he couldn't budge it.  
August 31st
 We had a game night for Family Home Evening and played Funny Bones.  This is Noah and I as a team.  Kind of hard with the height difference. 
 And Garrett and I
September 2nd 
1st day of School!
 Cute kids ready for their first day.
 Bella in her first grade class room
 Paige in her classroom
 Lydia and her good friend Kali.  Lyd was so excited to have numerous friends in her class.
 Maggie left a little later.  Here she is ready or not for her freshman year!!
September 3rd
 Garrett didn't go back to work until Sept. 4th, so he still had time to work on the back yard.  He took out our fire pit that we never used and decided to make another patio to put our table on.  
 He and Noah trying to fix the retaining wall. 
 I thought it turned out really nice.  He actually planted new grass on Saturday the 6th.  
 That night while Maggie, Lydia, Paige and I were at mutual and activity girls, Garrett and Bella and Noah went out to grandma and grandpa's house for something.  Probably to hot tub.  This is them coming home that night.  
September 4th
 Maggie had her school pictures taken so they could get their picture on their student ID cards.   
 We had also started Soccer on the 2nd, but I didn't take any pictures then.  These are from Thursday night.  I signed all 4 of them up, even Noah.  Maggie was helping Garrett coach Paige's team.  
 This is Noah's team.  Of course, it was Noah, so most of the time he had a hard time doing anything without me right there with him.  But once in awhile he did OK.  These were some of the few times he was OK.   
 He was so cute dribbling the ball.
September 8th
 Noah's first day of preschool--he's going 3 days a week this year!!
September 9th
 Paige and Maggie's team
 Lydia on her team (she's on the left side)
 Bella and her team--she's the one in the green striped shirt
 Sept. 10th
 I thought this was a cute picture of these 2 reading books together in their room
Sept. 11th
 Check out that tooth of hers--it was loose for so long and it just hung there sideways forever!!
 Noah doing chores to earn a monster truck.
 I talked Maggie into taking a social ballroom class with her friends Emma, Shay and Spencer.  This was her first class and she was dancing with Spencer (the guy she liked at the time).  
 Throughout the year they learn the foxtrot, the cha cha, the waltz and swing.  
Sept. 14th
 We went over to Jim and Georgia's house after church for dinner.  After dinner, we went out and picked their pumpkins.  This is looking at their barn and house from the back.
 Going on a tractor ride out to their pumpkin patch.  Lydia's driving.
 This is the wheat field behind their house.  It gets harvested in July.
 Pumpkins!

2 comments:

Megan said...

There's so much in one post! I've got to get Funny Bones! I'll have to look for it online sometime. Cora and Bella have the same backpacks. Everyone looked cute on their first day of school. How is Maggie a Freshamn already?? And she doesn't like Spencer anymore? The dance class looked fun. The patio did turn out really nice!

tiffany said...

Your yard looks great! Garrett did a good job! I love your new patio! The kids all look so cute in their back-to-school photos! Maggie's dance class does sound fun! Hope she likes it!