August 10th
Disneyland!!
We got up around 7:30 and had breakfast in the hotel. At 8:30 we were ready to walk to the park. Our hotel was fairly close to the park, but it felt like we were walking forever to get there. Actually we walked to a parking lot where they had a shuttle to ride to get us into the park. By the time we got to the park entrance it was about 9. Pretty good for us!
Sleeping Beauty's Castle
The whole gang minus Tanya and Luke
We went to see some Princesses first. Posing with Ariel, but Bella didn't want her picture taken.
Noah, Paige, Cinderella and Hannah
Paige and Hannah with Snow White
Maggie and Flynn Rider
Carousel
After this, we went on 'It's a small world'
Maggie and I snuck away and rode Thunder Mountain Railroad. It wasn't near as fun as I remembered as a kid, but still fun. We rode it 2 times in a row.
We rode on the sailing ship Columbia around the pirate lair on Tom Sawyer's Island.
Then we had lunch somewhere--can't even remember where. Then we did the Jungle Cruise and Garrett took Maggie on the Indiana Jones Adventure. I didn't want to go because I thought it was one of those simulation rides and I don't do those--they really make me sick. When they got back they said it wasn't like that at all, so now I'm wishing that I went.
We took everyone on Pirates of the Caribbean. This one was a lot funner than the Disney World one because it had more drops than just the one. My little kids didn't like it very much.
Maggie and I must have snuck away again to go on Haunted Mansion because we didn't go on these next rides.
This is the Casey Jr. Circus Train--looks really cute!
Then they went on the teacups and we met up with them after this.
We then rode on the Storybook land Canal Boats. It was ok. Going through Monstro the Whale was pretty impressive though.
We then headed over to Mickey's Toon Town for the little kids. I had a massive headache so I sat on the bench the whole time we were here and waited for medicine to kick in.
Tanya, Paige and Hannah went on this little roller coaster called Gadget's Go Coaster--something from Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers. I guess it was Paige's first roller coaster.
Garrett took Noah to see Mickey Mouse. They had some fun play areas for the kids and Mickey and Minnie's houses there to play in. I think the little kids had a great time here.
We split up again and Garrett, Noah, Bella and Caleb went to watch a show called, 'Mickey and the Magical Map'. They really enjoyed it--they saw Mickey, King Louie from Jungle Book, Pocahontas, Tiana, Mulan, Rapunzel, and Stitch in the show.
The rest of us went over to Splash Mountain and rode that. This was Paige's first time with a big drop. She was really nervous--and after riding it, said that she hated the drop. She said she will never do it again! I love the picture of us--it is so hilarious! Maggie and Lydia look scared, but they weren't--they loved the ride. Josh was waiting with Luke while we went and then he and Tanya switched. So Josh, Hannah, Lydia and Maggie went a second time. I think Tanya and Luke and Paige and I went over to the Winnie the Pooh ride for Luke. Then Josh and the kids met up with us and we headed back to find Garrett. They were watching the parade.
Bella watching the "Frozen" float go by
It seems like we split up from Josh and Tanya and did our own things for dinner. And I'm pretty sure they left right after they ate. We went on the Peter Pan ride--the line on that one is always incredibly long.
We headed toward the front of the park because they were going to do their big firework show--Fantasmic. Of course we were getting there right before it was going to start, so we didn't have very good seats.
This was our view.
We left after that and had to walk back to our hotel. It was so much longer when you've been walking all day and the kids are tired. We didn't even rent a stroller, so the kids walked everywhere! We were all exhausted!



4 comments:
The Magical kingdom - and it really is! So Happy you are all enjoying it!
I went to Disneyland once when I was 19 and don't remember a whole lot of it. It's be fun to go back. Funny how they have some of the same rides as DisneyWorld. I thought the same thing about the Thunder Mountain Railroad! Good for Paige for trying out the roller coaster and Splash Mountain!
Good times!! So jealous!
I went on that gadget ride too! Haunted Mansion and Pirates are the bomb!!
Post a Comment