Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Aug. 17-23rd

August 17th
Today was a Sunday and we were getting back to normal and going to church again.  Maggie was called as the 1st counselor in the Mia Maid Presidency in young women's today.  That was exciting!  Jim and Georgia had us over for dinner, which was nice because we had nothing in the house to eat.  
This week Maggie. Lydia and I had lots of appointments for dentists, orthodontists and oral surgeons for check-ups, cleanings and getting wisdom teeth out.  
On Aug. 19th, Maggie was scheduled to get her wisdom teeth out and Lydia went in to make sure hers needed to come out.  They did.  Both of their wisdom teeth were impacted and keeping the molars next to them from coming out of the gums.  They were in such a weird position that they were placing pressure on the adjacent molars and causing them to come in sideways.  
 This is Maggie pre-op.  She was SO nervous.  When they gave her the IV, she got really pale and lightheaded so they had to give her oxygen.  Maggie does not like needles and she doesn't handle pain very well.  I had Garrett take them both, so I only heard about what happened.
 This is her post-op.  Sleeping it off for a little while.
 This is her on the way home.  I'm sure she'll kill me for posting this, but she's just so funny.  We must not have gotten her pain medicine from the pharmacy fast enough because her meds were wearing off and she was in a lot of pain and it took awhile to get it under control again.  Poor girl, she was miserable!
 Lydia went back on Thursday the 21st at 8 in the morning to get hers out.  They both got all 4 removed.  This is Lyd pre-op.  As far as I know, everything went OK for her.  
 Lydia post-op
 And leaving the oral surgeon's office.  She seemed to do great--lesson learned from Maggie and getting her medicine into her faster.  They both got ice cream shakes after.  
 During this week, Garrett decided to redo our back yard.  Our grass has never come in very well, it's full of weeds and it's always bugged Garrett that our yard slants.  So, he decided to build a retaining wall and fill it with dirt and then plant new grass.  So, in between taking the girls to their appointments, he spent time doing this.  And Noah was his helper some of the time.  
 Cutting out some black berry bushes--very thorny!
 This was on the 21st.  I love this picture of the girls with their puffy cheeks holding ice packs on their faces.  We are so glad that this is over!  Maggie especially!  I'm just glad that neither one of them had any complications like dry socket or any reactions from the anesthesia. 
 On the 22nd, both Garrett and Maggie participated in the ALS ice bucket challenge.  I made them promise that neither one of them would nominate me because I had no desire to do it.  
But then my friend Tonya nominated me and so I decided to do it the next day because we were planning on working in the yard. It was absolutely freezing and Garrett took his sweet time pouring it over my head!! It was so not funny!
 On Saturday the 23rd, Garrett had some dirt delivered and so we shoveled dirt and filled up the back yard.  We didn't make Lydia help since she was still recovering.
 Cooling off with some water.  
 Jim and Georgia came over and helped, too.  Georgia even helped shovel dirt when her back and knee allowed it.  We were grateful for their help!
 Taking a break--it was hot!
 This was all the dirt that came today, but he had more delivered the next week.  
 It was a great place for the kids to play!
 We brought out the dump trucks and tractors.
 I helped them make a race track and we raced back and forth.
That night, Maggie went to her best friend's birthday party and we just hung out.  

4 comments:

Solviej said...

Poor Maggie and Lydia. I'm glad no one took photo's of me when I had my wisdom teeth out!

gmckibbe said...

I know...I really shouldn't have posted them. Luckily for them not too many people check my blog. :)

Megan said...

They seem so young to be having their wisdom teeth out, but I guess it was time. The poor things. Yeah, good thing they didn't get a dry socket. That sucked!! I do love the picture of Maggie in the car, but feel bad she was in pain.

tiffany said...

Oh those poor girls! I have needed mine out since I was in my teens and have always refused! Glad they handled it ok and it's in the past for them!