Saturday, December 27, 2014

Legoland Water Park and meeting up with Josh and Tanya

August 8th
Since Paige was still feeling sick, I decided to stay with her at the hotel, so she could sleep and try to get better.  Garrett took the other 4 and headed to Lego land to try out the Water parks.  
Paige slept for awhile, then she watched movies in bed most of the day.  I blogged and watched episodes of 24 on my computer.  
Meanwhile, the others had lots of fun!  I think they stayed at the water park most of the day, but then did a few other things in the afternoon.  
Here they are eating lunch
Hanging out in the kid area.
It looked like a pretty neat place, but I don't remember much about what they told me.  
I'm not sure why Bella is grumpy in this picture, but it's pretty common for her.
These were the actual sets used to film the Lego Movie.  They said it was awesome! (Of course)
Noah and Emmett
Then they rode some rides--The Safari Trek
And then they came home around 5.  
Noah fell asleep on the way home, so I came down to watch Bella and Lydia swim in the pool while Maggie went up to the room with Paige and Garrett stayed in the car while Noah slept.  When Noah woke up, they went swimming for a bit, too.  After they were done swimming, Garrett got Panda Express for dinner and we ate, then cleaned up and packed.  Then next day we were heading to Anaheim.
August 9th
This morning after breakfast and packing up, we headed out to the car to load everything up.  Much to our surprise and disgust, we found ants EVERYWHERE in our car.  In the snack bag, in the cooler, in bags, on the seats, up and down the seatbelts, on the floor, in the front console.  It was SO GROSS!  I got rid of all the snacks in the bag and we tried to wipe out the ants as best we could, but there were so many of them.  So, we had to ride in the car to a gas station that had a vacuum/car wash.  We got quarters and sucked those babies up.  We cleaned as best as we could with wipes and whatever we had and got rid of most of them, but even as we were driving, we'd see some here and there.  I'm not sure how they got in our car that quickly because they said they didn't see any in the car the day before driving to and from Lego land.  It was so weird.  
It took us about 2-3 hours to get to Anaheim and when we got there we ate lunch at Chipotle and then found our hotel.  Josh and Tanya were there already so we hung out with them and talked for a little while.  They live in Northern California and drove down to go to Disneyland with us.  They all decided to go swimming, but we were in desperate need of some clean clothes, so I had to go and find the laundry room in the hotel and do some laundry.  There were only 2 washers and dryers and it took awhile to get 2 loads of our clothes clean and dry.  I had to keep going back to check on availability and then people would leave stuff in there and not come back!  So finally, I had to take people's stuff out of the dryer so I could dry my last load because we were heading to dinner soon.  Such a pain!!
Maggie, Lydia, Garrett and Bella swimming at the hotel pool
Lydia, Maggie, Caleb, Garrett, Bella, Paige, Josh and Hannah.
After swimming, we went out to eat at this little Italian place.  It was nice and had pretty good food.  We went back to the hotel and went to bed.  The next morning we were heading to Disneyland!!

2 comments:

Megan said...

That's a bummer you had to miss out, but that's good that Paigey was able to rest and feel better. These pictures make me want to go on a vacation!

tiffany said...

That is crazy about those ants!! Makes me itchy and squirmy just thinking about it!