I thought I would post about Bella's birthday party and then do a random "May" post after.
We had her friend party on May 9th in the afternoon. That way I had the kids there to help me with the party after they got home from school.
This was her invitation
Here are some of the decorations. 'Frozen' is still really popular and trying to find decorations in the store and online was really hard. Most all of the stuff was sold out, so I improvised with various winter decorations.
This hanging "snow" was just cotton balls on a string. My sister Megan used this idea for a winter theme for her kids at Christmas time. I thought it was really cool and fairly easy to put together.
Hanging snowflakes
I found this Frozen poster at Wal-Mart and it's now hanging on her closet door.
The first thing we did while everyone was arriving was to color pictures of Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf. Bella loves to color to she really wanted to have coloring pages.
Bella, Ji-Su and Lindsey
Bella, Ji-Su, Lindsey, Addy, Lauryn and Paige. One girl wasn't able to come and one (Brooklyn) was a little bit late.
Then we stopped to have snacks. We had carrot sticks, pretzel sticks and pirate booty.
I forgot to mention that both Paige and Noah are dressed in white because they wanted to be "Olaf" so that was how they dressed up as Olaf. Cute!
Next we did an art project, which I thought was pretty cool. I boiled some Epsom salts in water for a couple of minutes and then let it cool. They I gave them each some black construction paper and a paintbrush and had them paint a scene or whatever they wanted.
Making their designs
some of the finished products...
they each did 2 and had a lot of fun!
Then we played 'Pin the nose on Olaf'. Lydia drew Olaf. She's so talented!
Bella's turn
They all somehow managed to place their noses right on top of the last person's nose. They must've been able to see under the bandana.
Our next game was called "Snowman Slam". I put snowman faces onto plastic cups and found little balls with snowman faces on them at Oriental Trading. It was pretty much knocking down the cups with the balls.
Bella trying to knock down the snowmen.
The next game was a type of "Minute to Win it" game. They had to see how many marshmallows they could pick up with chopsticks in a minutes time. In this picture above, they are playing with their cups and chopsticks before we began.
Most of the kids didn't know how to use chopsticks, so they ended up poking the marshmallows with their sticks. Some only got 6-10 and others got close to 30 or so...if they counted correctly. :)
Our last game was "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?" It wouldn't be a Frozen party if we didn't build a snowman. This first picture was me trying to get these girls under control so they would listen to what we were doing. They were slightly hyper.
Then we were trying to get divided up into 3 teams.
One person would be the snowman and the other(s) would build the snowman. This was Bella and Lindsey. Brooklyn was on their team, too. Each team was given a roll of toilet paper and had to wrap the toilet paper around the snowman. They were supposed to use the whole roll, but some of them were going so slow and the girls are so little that some of the teams didn't even use the whole roll.
Paige and Lauryn with Noah giving encouragement.
Addy, Ji-Su and Lydia.
Lindsey, Brooklyn and Bella.
Finishing up their wrapping.
Not sure what they are doing. :) Just kidding. I'm sure it was tricky for them. The other teams had Paige and Lydia who were a bit older.
When they were done, they had to dress the snowmen with scarves, hats and buttons. This is Addy.
Bella's team
And Miss Lauryn
Then it was time for cake. I made Olaf. I thought he turned out cute.
Isn't she cute?
Present time!
First a picture of all the party guests.
And that was the end of her party.
Later that evening, we let Bella open our presents. We usually do that on their actual birthdays, but we were on our cruise then.
I love these pictures because she has the best expressions! I knew she was going to be so happy with these presents because she's been really wanting these toys. So, I was taking continuous pictures and deleted most of them, but I caught some great ones. She's so funny!
She got some of her own Lego Friends, some Frozen Barbie dolls--Kristoff and Anna, and the Anna baby doll.
And that was the end of her birthday celebrations.

3 comments:
So I guess you're posting from Alaska? Yay, I'm so happy to see Bella's Frozen party!! It turned out so cute! I loved the decorations and the games looked so fun. And good work Lydia for drawing Olaf! He looked perfect. And your cake turned out great!! He looked so good! As of now Cora still wants a Frozen theme for her birthday. I hope she still feels the same in October because it looks so fun! I love Frozen. Good work Mindy Sue!
Ya, I brought stuff with me to blog up here, since I'm so behind and I'm never going to catch up. I'll probably start another one tomorrow. Thanks for all the nice words! :)
You and Megs with your spectacular parties! Looks awesome! Lydia is quite a talented artist! Her Olaf looks great and so does your Olaf cake!! You are awesome!
Bella is a cutie! Glad she had such a great time and loved all her presents so much!
Post a Comment