Dec. 26th
We pretty much hung out for most of the day playing with new toys. Lydia and Garrett built her Playmobile Fort.
These two goofballs taking silly pictures of themselves in the car.
Then we decided to head over to our theater and go see the movie "Frozen". When we got there, we found out that it was sold out. So we found a different movie theater to watch it at. It was a great movie. I ended up buying the soundtrack later and my girls listen to it NON STOP!! I always have the music in my head, no matter when--even in the middle of the night because they play it over and over. I love the music too, but sometimes enough is enough. Good movie though. I loved the ending.
27th
The next day we hung out for most of the day and then in the early evening we drove out to Yamhill to meet the grandparents for dinner at a Mexican restaurant "downtown".
This was taken at the restaurant as we were about to leave. We then went to their house to open their presents for the kids.
They each got a light up pillow that they love! They are so nice and soft; and so pretty when they light up.
Then she said she had a surprise present for them and they had to follow some string around the house to find the present.
going through the garage...
and coming back into the garage to stare at "their present". It was a case of toilet paper. I'm not kidding. Garrett and I were laughing pretty hard because that really is a classic Georgia present. Even funnier is that she tried to make it more exciting by making a game of it. She's so funny--ya gotta love her.
28th
I don't have any pictures, but today we had the Sister Missionaries over in the morning. Then we took down our VERY dead tree and got rid of that. Later that night, Garrett and I went to see "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty." That was a really good clean movie. We enjoyed it!
29th
For FHE, we decided to play the Disney version of Headbands that one of our kids got for Christmas. It's a fun game and we all like it.
Noah always has to be Lightning McQueen. It's his favorite and he asks things like, 'do I have tires?" and 'am I red?' Its really cute.
These two get along really well when they aren't fighting. :)
30th
In the morning, Garrett went shooting with his good friend Tim. Lydia and I started getting her room ready to paint. I guess I should back up some. Ever since we 'made-over' Maggie and Paige's room, Lydia wanted her room to be 'redone'. She's also been wanting to have her own room for years. So, this past summer, we talked about doing it, but never got around to it. We were going to do it over Thanksgiving, but with our downstairs being torn apart, we thought we'd wait. So, we decided to do it over Christmas Break. We found some cute ideas on pinterest to do a turquoise/black/lime green room like this:
So this was our inspiration.
We started by taking down the bunk beds and moving Bella into Noah's room. She was a good sport about it and told her that we'd make her side of the room more girly. (more on that to come).
This is what their room looked like before:
These are really old pictures and the best I could find of their room. I guess I don't take many pictures of their rooms.
Taking apart the beds.
Our kids always want the chance to paint, so we let them write their names on the wall before we start.
Getting started with the turquoise. Boy, when it was done, it was a LOT of turquoise--almost too much. Which is why I thought it would be cool to paint one of the walls black. Garrett was not on board with that idea, but I did it anyways and I really like how it turned out! My friend Callie painted her whole bedroom black and it looked so cool. I love the way it turned out--so I was really excited to paint one wall black.
31st
I finished painting her room this day while Garrett went grocery shopping and made the food for our New Year's Eve get together.
This is how we finished it that day. It would take the next couple of weeks to get it set up and decorated the way we wanted.
Jim and Georgia came over that night for dinner. We had hoagies, 7 layer bean dip, veggies/dips and a cheese ball/crackers. We didn't seem to have a lot of time to play games before we put the little kids to bed. So, we played headbands again. Georgia did not like the game at all and kept trying to get out of playing.
This is one excited crowd...
We let the kids have a celebration early...kept wishing that I had cut up confetti...that's my favorite!
Jim and Georgia went home and we put Bella and Noah to bed. The rest of us stayed up and played Monopoly. My kids had never played it, so it was a must. I don't think they liked it very much. I couldn't believe it--we played it all the time as kids. I had fun...we stayed up till midnight and tried to watch the ball drop, but those shows are so lame any more...they have awful people on performing...its not family oriented at all, so we kept turning it off and on. Bella really wanted to watch the ball drop, so we recorded it for her and then let her watch the countdown the next day. She was like, "That's it?" I'm not sure what she was expecting. :)
it was fun hanging out with these goofballs! Happy New Year and welcome 2014!!
So, I thought I'd post the pictures of their rooms now, since I didn't finish talking about them.
Here's Lydia's room. I just took these pictures today.
We were looking for a black and white bedspread, but she found this one with orange in it and really liked the added color to the room. It's cute. I like the orange better than the lime green.
Love the black accent wall
This wall isn't quite finished. We want to put up some white shelves, and then cover a big piece of canvas in some coordinating material. So, we're not quite done yet.
And this is Bella's side of the room.
We found this cute tree vinyl with flowers and animals and she loved it.
So, she's happy with her room now.
And Noah's side.
Maybe now, we can decorate the master bedroom? :)

3 comments:
Toilet paper?? That's funny! Who gives toilet paper as a gift? Were your kids disappointed? That'll be a good story they tell when they're older . . "Grandma once surprised us with some toilet paper!" :0) I love Lydia's room! It turned out great and I love the black wall. It definitely looks good. I bet she's so happy with it. And Bella's is super cute too! It's fun how your kids are always switching rooms.
I was going to say pretty much exactly what Megan said!
Hilarious about the scavenger hunt to toilet paper!
Lydia's room is beautiful! Great job! I like the tree thing in Bella's room, too!
Had to laugh at your comment about "excited crowd" on your New Years Eve photo. So funny! Hayden and his friends get together and play headbands, but instead of using the cards that came with the game they write down people they all know. One time his friend had "Mrs. Vossler" (me) on his head and I happened to be in there checking on them. It was the funniest thing!!
I tried once before to see the pictures of your decorating Lydia's room - they don't come through for some reason. Sounds like you all are about as exciting us this bunch.
Love the toilet paper - Georgia is a character! I'll have to remember that!
Post a Comment