Since it had been 3 years since we last went to Great Wolf Lodge, we decided that we should go again. The kids were so excited to go! We left around one on Thursday afternoon (the 7th) after getting the older girls out of school. It takes about 2 hours to get there. So after we checked in and unloaded our stuff, we got our suits on and headed to the pools.
I love the outside of the buildings--the wolves are awesome!
in our room-getting settled in
Lydia showing her "magi-quest" skills
I didn't take any pictures of us swimming on the first day--I got a few the next. After swimming, we got some pizza for dinner and then bought one more wand for Bella and started on the Magi-quest game. Garrett had to work, so I took the kids around and helped with their game. I never got a chance to help them the last time we were here because I was always helping Noah and Bella (who were 3 months and 2 1/2 yrs old.) But I really enjoyed helping them play this time. The only bad thing was going up and down the stairs between clues. I swear this game was invented to wear kids out because they are running across the hotel and up and down stairs over and over. The only reason it was a pain was because Noah was with us and he's a little slow on the stairs. So it just seemed to take forever. But, it was a lot of fun. The kids probably didn't get to bed until 9:30 or 10, which I just hate, but since I was flying solo (Garrett worked till about 11:30 that night), that's just what happened.
It's so cute to watch these two wave wands around and then to see their faces when something happens.
Pixie Perch
At around 8pm, I think, they have a "bed time story" that these big animated creatures of the forest tell. (think Chuck. E. Cheese). We didn't watch it because we were playing our game.
Friday the 8th
After sleeping in, we went to have breakfast at their restaurant--breakfast buffet and then went out into their big open area where they tell the bedtime story, because they were doing a different story.
Noah and a bear on the giant fireplace
watching and listening to the story (I love this big old fireplace with the wolves)
This is where the storytelling takes place. The moose and the owl and the kid in the tree stump on the left (I have no idea why he's in a tree stump) all talk and there's also a native american lady that comes out and talks sometimes.
Bella--of course not smiling. It's her new thing.
Then we went and did the magi-quest game again. We played for a couple of hours, but then we were getting kind of tired of it, so decided to head to the pool.
cool aerial view of the pools (from their website)
the wave pool
slides and big bucket of water that dumps on people
Lydia and Paige
There were lots of people from our ward and stake that went on these same days, so the girls had friends to hang out with, I just didn't get any pictures of them.
Garrett and I did get to go on some rides. We both went with some friends from the ward and then we went on some with Lydia.
Noah and Bella
Right around lunch time, Bella was complaining that she didn't feel very well. Her tummy hurt and she just didn't have any energy. She looked really pale, too. I think she was getting a little dehydrated since it is so hot in the pool area, and she wasn't really getting wet. So I was pushing all my kids to drink water. We took her out into the main lobby where it was much cooler so that she could lay down on the couch. She came back in awhile later because it was too cold. Later, in the day she did have a little diarrhea. Luckily, I brought my essential oils with me and I put some on her stomach and later she started to feel better.
After the pool, we tried to finish up the magi-quest game for Bella. Paige and Lydia had finished their game, but it was getting late at this point and we wanted to get home. So, we had to leave without finishing it.
Right before we left.
We had a great time--hopefully, it won't be another 3 years before we go back.


2 comments:
That place really does look awesome! I think we'll have to slap some life vests on our kids so we can go. It's taking too long for them to learn how to swim! :). Glad you guys had fun!
That place is fun! We went to the one in Cincinnati a few years ago for Grant's birthday. We didn't do the magi-quest game though. We'll have to try that if we go again.
Post a Comment