Just a quick post of some soccer pictures from this season. The younger girls were done with soccer mid-October and Maggie just finished up her soccer season last Wednesday by winning the big soccer tournament. She's sad that it's over. The other girls, not so much. They had fun, but they only enjoy it for so long. Just like Garrett and I. :)
Paige
I think this girl goes to soccer just for the socializing and playing around. Talking to her new friend Sage.
Cutie
Watching the action...
Playing around with another team mate.
Lydia
Lydia likes to be on defense and is still a bit scared of the ball and being hurt in any way. (As I would be). She's really good when she wants to be and when her head's in the game--she plays hard.
She's so cute.
Lydia and her good friend Kali, that was on her team this year.
Bella
Bella's pretty funny about soccer. I guess she's kind of like Lydia. When she's in the right mood, she likes it and does really well and participates. When she's not in the mood, she slowly jogs after the crowd, but never really gets involved in the game. This last game, she was really involved and had fun.
Cute little thing
Such concentration...:)
Maggie
Maggie's gotten a lot better in her participation in soccer. She said that everyone on her team is really good, so at practices--all they do is practice playing. But they don't work on certain skills and she would really like that to improve her playing. We'll have to look into that.
I'm really proud that she keeps trying and having fun, even though she knows she's not the best player. She's got a good attitude about it.
This is at her tournament, last week. It was a cold and foggy night, but her school's 4 teams won the tournament. Maggie's in the maroon jacket in the center of the picture, closest to the goalie.
On the 26th, Garrett got us tickets to watch the BYU Women's soccer team play here in Portland. He took the girls last year, but this year Noah and I got to go. It was seriously cold, but it was really fun to watch. I've never seen a college soccer game before and I was shocked at how aggressive those girls are. BYU won 1-0!!
I was trying to take a picture of the student section for the Portland Pilots. A lot of the guys were wearing kilts and no shirts, even though it was freezing. They had drums drumming and they were singing and dancing throughout the whole game. They were hilarious--I wish I could've gotten a video of them, but they were so far away. They were really entertaining!
Yummy hot cocoa to warm up his cold hands
Maggie did come with us too, but the picture I took of her didn't turn out so well and I didn't think she'd appreciate me posting it here. :)
The 3 younger kids fell asleep on the ride home. I love Lydia's smiling face in the back. She was doing a little photo bombing. :)

3 comments:
That's great that your girls like soccer so much. I asked Cora again if she wanted to play (after I showed her all of your girls playing) and she said no! I guess soccer won't be for my goose. The BYU game looked fun. Do they come to Portland pretty often?
Well, they came last year, too. Maybe them play them each soccer season? I don't know much about it.
Soccer games have the best crowds! I love it when they're all loud and rambunctious like that group you were talking about. Glad you got to go this year!
Post a Comment