We all share photos on our idevices. So, when I was going through all of our pictures, I came across these selfies that Lydia took. I was shocked at how old she looks here. I cannot believe how grown-up my little Lydia is. She's gorgeous! She will be 11 in a few weeks!
Oct. 3rd:
During soccer practice, they had their team pictures taken.
Bella's team. I honestly can't remember any of their team names. Maybe I'll ask them tomorrow and add them later. She had quite a few friends on her team. Katie (next to Bella), Ji-Uk, and Ji-Su (brother and sister--bottom left) and Lauryn--who is not in the picture for some reason. Brother and Sister Squire were the coaches, although Sister Squire just had her 8th baby, which is why she wasn't there.
Lydia's team: The Stingrays
Coach McKibben and his assistant, Maggie. Lydia knew quite a few kids on her team, too. Kayla (next to Garrett), Maddie and Taylor (sisters--bottom row), her good friend Kali (bottom row) and her friend Peng.
Paige's team:
She knew one little boy on her team, Samuel (the one with the broken arm), but she makes friends so easily. She really got to know the girl standing next to her with curly hair, named Sage. They had a great time together. I don't even know her coach's name, but he was a really nice coach and seemed to know what he was doing.
5th and 6th:
General Conference
We always seem to miss one session of Conference and it's usually the Saturday afternoon one. Oh well, something to work on. Sunday we headed over to Jim and Georgia's to watch the afternoon session and have dinner. We bbq'd outside--it was a beautiful day.
She had Halloween decorations up and Noah liked this spider and Grandma put it on my head, so we went outside to see if Garrett would notice it on my head. Noah got a kick out of it, but didn't want to wear it.
Paige being silly up in the tree.
Another selfie of Lyd. She's so cute!
Oct. 7th:
I had decided that I wanted to go through a major change with my hair. I was so sick of it and sick of all my grey hairs popping up everywhere. So, a couple of weeks back, I bought some do-it-yourself hair dye and had Garrett help me because I'd never done it before, and I have a lot of hair. We went with a reddish brown and I immediately thought it was too red. Lots of people couldn't tell, and there were a few people that noticed right away. I liked not having greys anymore and I really did get used to it. The other part of my big change was getting it cut and probably straightened. I was worried about getting it cut, because I had had it short before and it was really poofy and looked like a big triangle. But, I didn't know what else to do. There's a lady in our ward that does hair and so I made an appointment with her for the 7th. Between the day when I made the appointment and today, we talked back and forth about possible options for my hair. I love the fact that she thought about all the options that would work best for my hair, had me send her pictures of my short hair in the past, etc. It was so nice of her to put some effort and thought into it, so that I would be happy with what she did. Anyways, she decided to do a very subtle A-line cut, because I didn't want it very drastic. The day she cut it, she also straightened it, to make sure that everything looked OK. (It's harder to tell with curly hair). I was really happy with what she did. It was so weird to not have as much hair! I wore it straight for a couple of days and by the time I got it back to curly, I was so happy to have my curly hair back. So, I decided right there to not get it permanently straightened because I realized that I like it better curly.
It's not the best picture of me, but you can get an idea of what it looks like. I guess I should've taken a picture of it straight.
The back. It's amazing how much looser the curls have become over the years. I used to have pretty tight ones. I think it's gotten a bit less curly with each kid I've had.
Oct. 8th:
It was my day to drive for preschool, so I took some pictures of the boys.
At school, hanging up their jackets and back packs.
On the way home: Ethan, Cooper and Noah
Oct. 10th:
My Mother's Day Trip finally arrived!!
For Mother's day, Garrett got me tickets to go see Josh Groban!! Since he wasn't coming to Portland, Garrett got tickets to see him in Salt Lake City! Woohoo--weekend getaway! He also got us tickets to go see a BYU football game! So, today was the day that we were leaving to fly to Utah. We are both so grateful to Garrett's parents for taking care of our kids, otherwise we wouldn't be able to go. They were so nice to do it, esp. since Georgia was still recovering from knee surgery and had a hard time climbing stairs. Maggie and Lydia were such big helpers though, so that helped a lot.
We left for the airport around 2. We were a little early though, so I found a book and read and Garrett had a meeting to call into, so it worked out OK. After landing, we picked up our rental car; stopped at Costa Vida for dinner (yum!!) and drove north to Wellsville to stay the night with my parents at their house.
I'll have to finish the weekend in another post. :)



4 comments:
Oh bummer, I wanted to see/hear about your weekend! :). Those pictures of Lydia are so cute! It seems like usually when you take her picture she doesn't smile very often. So it was fun to see her beautiful smile! Your hair looks great! You should have taken one with it straight too, oh well. It looks good. I need to do something different with my hair.
Sorry...it was getting late and I was tired. It would've taken awhile. I'll have to finish when we get back from our trip.
I am way behind on blogs and comments. Sorry. Great pictures of those soccer kids. I love the pictures of Lydia as well - and she did smile - cute! Happy you finished your Halloween quilt! Love it.
That first picture you posted of Lydia is a great photo! She is a cutie! I like your hair, too! It's fun to change it up every now and then. Can't wait to read about your weekend get-a-way!
Post a Comment