We carved our pumpkins on Oct. 27th for Family Home Evening.
Cute little Bella really enjoyed scooping out all of her pumpkin guts this year.
I can't believe this girl is 5!
Noah was a little grossed out by all the guts. He didn't want to stick his hands in at all.
He worked really hard to scoop everything out of his pumpkin, though.
Don't let the face fool you...she loved every minute of this. She was up to her elbows in slimy pumpkin guts.
She's such an actress...
Garrett--always being silly. :)
Noah's finished pumpkin. He was so excited to use the little knives to help carve his pumpkin.
The finished products.
October 30th
Lydia was chosen to be Student of the Month for her 5th grade class.
Her teacher is Mrs. Anderson, who is a really wonderful teacher and person. Lydia got to go up in front of the whole school to accept her award and the teacher said some really lovely things about her.
Up on stage
This was hanging in the school when we went to Parent Teacher Conferences.
And this is what Mrs. Anderson wrote about Lydia.
I was so proud of Lydia--she is a great student and a great person and friend!
Later that night after dinner, Garrett asked if I wanted to open my birthday presents. My birthday is Nov. 13th, so he was a few weeks early. But I knew he really wanted me to open them, so I did.
He got me these two awesome Halloween pictures to hang up. I have one already that I bought a couple of years ago and then he surprised me with these two new ones. I love them. He wanted me to open them early so that I could enjoy them for Halloween. He's so thoughtful!
October 31
Halloween!!
Noah and Maggie were the only ones that were allowed to dress up at school on Halloween. It's such a bummer that they don't let the elementary school kids dress up.
This is Noah's preschool class in their costumes. So cute!
This is Noah and his buddies at school. Cooper--Jake the pirate, Noah--the race car driver and Ethan--Darth Vader.
After Bella and Noah got home from school, we worked on some Halloween crafts. I had these monster ones and then my mom sent me home with a couple of crafts when I came back from Utah. The kids all love doing crafts!
Doorhangers
Bracelets
Lydia and Paige joined in when they got home.
This was another last minute decoration for Halloween. Eyeballs for our bushes. We need to get some sort of spotlight though to shine on them, because you couldn't see them in the dark.
This was our candy stash this year. I think it was 9 bags and over 1000 pieces. All of it given away to the many trick-or-treaters that we get. We love it!
My trick-or-treaters ready to hit the street! Paige--Pocahontas, Bella--Jessie, Lydia--Officer McKibben and Noah--race car driver. Maggie had dressed up as Red Riding Hood, but I didn't get a picture. She stayed home and handed out candy while Garrett and I went out with the other kids.
Garrett didn't dress up, but I went as a witch. It was my 4th costume this Halloween season.
I love taking pictures as we trick-or-treat, but they never turn out in the dark.
Noah really loved it--again. He'd come back from each house saying, "I got candy!" This is a great age for Halloween!
Happy Halloween and welcome November!
3 comments:
Aaah, you did it! You're done blogging for October. I'm jealous! :0) Your Halloween looked fun! How cool that you had FOUR different costumes in one year! Noah's preschool looks fun. Emmett's class dressed up (and Cora's), but I never thought to get a picture of the whole class. That's a good idea.
Great Halloween preparations! We haven't carved pumpkins in years! I remember those "guts" Fun!
I love all of the kids costumes. Your Halloween pictures are so cute! Love them! Congratulations to Miss Lydia! Way to go!
That's awesome that Lydia got that award! I love your Halloween paintings, too! I want to get more, but don't have anymore wall space!!
All your pumpkins look great!
Post a Comment