First thing's first though is Labor Day weekend. Sunday the 1st, after church...Garrett took the kids over to his parent's house to hot tub and hang out. I stayed home and worked on my Halloween Quilt. I was determined to get it done before Halloween!
After working on it that evening, I got the top all sewn together. Next was quilting it and then binding it. The quilting took FOREVER!!
A funny shot of Lydia in the hot tub. Her swimming suit (a tankini top) was being pushed up by all the jets and bubbles.
Monday the 2nd (actually Labor Day), we headed over to Garrett's parents house after running some errands in the morning. We brought food over to BBQ since Georgia was still recovering from her knee replacement surgery.
Garrett made homemade strawberry ice cream and he also made up this homemade chocolate sauce to put on the ice cream. It was heavenly! Noah had ice cream all over his face!
Bella obviously couldn't get enough...
Noah playing with his monster trucks--favorite toys ever!
Enjoying the hot tub!
Later that night after getting ready for bed, Garrett was able to give father's blessings to the kids. It's tradition before school starts. I love having the priesthood in our home and having Garrett worthy to give blessings to his family.
Tuesday the 3rd
1st day of school for Lydia and Paige
Paigey going into 3rd grade
Lydia going into 5th grade (5th grade!!!) Yikes!
such cuties!
in her classroom.
Lydia wouldn't let me take a picture of her in her classroom. So this is her outside her classroom. :) I'll take what I can get.
Maggie had to go to school because it was the 7th graders 1st day of school (8th didn't start until the next day) and she was there to help welcome her group of kids to school and show them around and play 'get to know you games' with them.
Our soccer season also started this day. I tried to sign Garrett up to be the coach for Paige's team. But, I guess they didn't need coaches for that age group because they put him down as the coach for Lydia's team. Paige was pretty bummed about that, but we'll try again next year. Maggie was Garrett's assistant coach, which she really had fun with. Paige and Bella also played this year.
Wednesday the 4th
Maggie's first day of school
1st day of 8th grade! Next year she'll be in high school!! Whoa...
She's so cute--she's always trying new things with her hair.
Paige started her dance class today. She is trying hip hop jazz this year with her good friend Brooke.
Thursday the 5th
Bella's first day of school
She's a kindergartner!!
The day before, she had kindergarten assessment and it was supposed to be just her and the teacher. But as soon as we got to the classroom, Bella burst into tears. It was so out of the blue. I was surprised because I kept telling her that she was going to go in and I would be out in the hall waiting for her. The teacher would ask her some questions about letters and numbers and then she would be done. So, I thought she was ok with what was going to happen. She wouldn't go in with the teacher, so luckily the teacher let me come in the room. She took her test and then she was fine. So I didn't know how she was going to react the next day at school when I had to leave her there.
Luckily, she had some friends from church in her class. One was her good friend Ji-Su! Yay! I was so happy to know that she would have a friend to sit with! And she was completely fine. Happy as can be!
They also started the Spanish Immersion at the school this year. So, I had to decide whether to put her into the Spanish class or not. I chose not to. She doesn't know all her letters and sounds or numbers for that matter, (despite working with her on them) so I didn't want her to be overwhelmed with learning those things, plus have people talking to her and not being able to understand them. If she wants to learn Spanish, she can learn it later.
It's always hard leaving them there, so I had to take another picture of her as she colored. I love this girl! It's so different not having my little helper with me all day. For the first few weeks, school got out at 11 and she was home by 11:15. A couple of weeks later, I guess they got permission from the school board to have all the kindergartners stay at school until 1:00! This means that they actually have time to learn more, have lunch and a short recess! I love this so much and she really enjoys lunch and recess at school!
This day was also Bella's first day of acrobatics. I had her signed up for wiggles and giggles again (the younger kid version of acrobatics), but the teacher thought it was too easy for Bella and thought she should be challenged, so we moved her up. I'm so glad I did because she loves it and she can watch and learn from the older kids. She's doing some crazy things in there!
While Bella was in school, Noah and I were able to visit his preschool for an hour and talk with the teachers and play with some of the toys, so he knew what to expect when he started next week. He had a lot of fun and I really love this new preschool. I'm so glad we decided to come here this year.
Sitting on the rug listening to story time.
We had soccer that night and when we went, it was just sprinkling. Did I bring rain jackets or umbrellas for anyone? No--I was in such a rush coming back from Bella's acrobatics class and trying to get the other kids dressed and out the door, that I didn't even think about it. It sprinkled for a little bit, but about 20 minutes into the practice, it started coming down. Everyone kept playing, so I tried to find a tree to go under for Noah and I. But it just kept coming down and everyone was getting soaked. I HATE getting wet, so I had had enough. I went to gather Bella and Paige and we headed to the car. Most people were still playing...crazy people! By the time we got to the car, we were soaked!! So, I had to take a picture. Eventually, people stopped and went home, but I couldn't believe they didn't stop earlier!
I'll have to continue the rest in the next post...
2 comments:
You're on a roll with blogging! Your quilt looks fabulous!! One day I'll get to mine. So many fun things to work on. I love the cut out numbers for what grade they're in. That's a good idea. That's nice you can get pictures of them in their classroom. We're strongly encouraged to just drop out kids off and not go in on the first day of school. Annoying, huh? Crazy that Bella's in kindergarten, Lydia's in 5th and Maggie will be in high school next year - yikes!
Very cute back to school pictures! Sounds very busy! Yes, soccer continues in just about any weather unless there's lightning!
Post a Comment