Saturday July 20
My cousin Tyler and his family came over again today and this time they brought their 4 wheelers with them. So, we all took turns on them. We had a lot of fun!
Noah loved their Lightning McQueen helmet
Garrett took Noah on a ride and Noah loved it. I thought he would be scared, but he liked it most of the time.
Garrett zooming down the driveway
and he took him out in the field too
Coming up the driveway...I love Noah's face! I guess this was a different time because Paige is on with him.
Brooks and Tiff riding the little kid one. I love how Brooks' is trying to push his way up the hill.
Tiff looks like she's riding in a parade with her hand waving. :)
Tad, Solviej and Iris
Sydnee and Maggie
Me and Megs
Tiff and Charee
As the adults were driving them, the kids took advantage of the water balloons that Maggie had filled earlier (for a water balloon fight) and started throwing them at the adults as we drove by. We all ended up pretty wet. Tiff and Charee got soaked!
Tad and Iris.
After we had a big fajita lunch, Tad and his family had to head to the airport to catch their plane back to Pennsylvania. It's so sad when we all have to start heading home. We had such a fun time together!
Later in the afternoon, the kids played in the sprinklers. Bella, Noah and Cora
Little Emmett wanted to swim in a pool and we didn't have one yet, so Garrett filled up this plastic tub for a pool. He didn't like it so much though. Megan was trying to convince him to get in.
Instead, he found it fun to dump the water on the cousins heads.
Taking an otter pop break
Bella, Grant and Alexis
That night we had a fire in the back yard and had s'mores.
Sunday July 21
My dad wanted to take everyone on a hike up in Logan Canyon. So, those of us who wanted to go left around 9 to go hiking.
We went to see the wind caves. None of us have ever been up to it before, but my dad has a hiking book that said it was worthwhile to see it and it was supposed to be a fairly easy hike.
All of us that went: Dad, Hayden, Grant, Emily, Charee, Andy, Lydia, John, Megan, me, Brooks and Tiffany.
Megan and I
Lydia and I. It was actually a harder hike than we thought and Lydia got pretty tired part of the way in. So, Brooks was nice enough to take her back home for me. I'm really glad that she came out and tried it though.
It was a pretty steep hike though. It said the trail climbed over 900 feet in 1.3 miles. Plus, it was really hot!
me, Tiff, dad, Charee and Megs
Beautiful scenery
us girls stopping for a pose
hiking on
We came to these caves and assumed they were the wind caves. None of us had ever been there, so we didn't know. Turns out that it wasn't. At this point, me and my dad and my nephew John decided that we had had enough and we headed back down to go home.
The rest of the crew kept going up the trail for about another mile or so and found the wind caves.
This is Tiff, Megs and Charee standing on top of the cave. It looked pretty cool and I'm sad I missed it, but I was ready to be done.
After getting home and eating lunch and getting cleaned up, my girls and I decided to tie dye some t-shirts we had. We were supposed to do it before we came on our trip, but never had the time. So, we had Rachel and Emily help us since they had done it before. It was fun and they turned out really cute. Come to think of it, I don't have a picture of us with the final products. Oh well.
Tie dying our shirts
Noah and Emmett playing together. Aren't they cute? I love how they are wearing the same colors.
Monday July 22
Today was kind of a boring day. We didn't really do anything big and we didn't go anywhere. Another sad day becauseTiffany and her family left today to go home. I think Grandma had some crafts for the kids to do. Not much to blog about.
kids busy crafting
My niece Emily's birthday was the next day, so Maggie and Rachel spent the afternoon making a birthday banner for her and wrapping presents and such.
This is what they came up with. It was cute.
That night we had taco salad for dinner and watched "Steel Magnolias."
That night we had taco salad for dinner and watched "Steel Magnolias."
Tuesday July 23
Today we had Maggie watch the kids so that Megs, mom and I could go to some fabric stores. We love going there and seeing all the cute Halloween material and different projects that are out. We always have such a good time. We got material to make Trick-or-Treat bags. Of course I haven't started them yet. I'm trying to finish a Halloween Quilt that I bought in Utah last summer. :) We went to two stores and then went to lunch at Rumbi. Yum!
Maggie helping Emmett color. She's a good babysitter.
In the afternoon, I was starting to work on the Halloween quilt that I'm now trying to finish. Paige was showing Colin how her DSI worked since he's really interested in them.
Here are the kids watching a show with grandpa. (My girls are wearing their tie dyed shirts if you want to see how they turned out.)
Cora and Noah were playing together. They played a lot of "spy" games. Noah's wearing the army hat in the above picture. Then they went downstairs and played Cars. So cute.
Grandpa took everyone for ice cream that afternoon at Charlies. That has become a tradition for him. We all like it!
After dinner (at Taco Bell), Garrett gave everyone rides in my cousin Andy's rhino.
Megs and her kids went first.
Then he took Paige, Bella and I
I LOVE Bella's face and how they are holding hands. He did go fast!
Speeding and zig-zaging up the driveway
Love their faces!
Wednesday July 24
Sadly, Megan and her kids left today. Her day was mostly spent packing, so we didn't do much. Later that night we were going to go to the Ogden Rodeo with my parents and Charee and her kids. But, mom was coming down with something and just wasn't feeling well, so she and my dad decided that they didn't want to go. Then Charee backed out too, so it was just our family that went. We had gone a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. It was fun again this year, so I'm glad we decided to go.
Waiting while Garrett got the tickets.
Noah was eating ice as he watched.
Our favorite event is of course, the bull riding. But I guess I was too busy watching to take any pictures.
Our second favorite part is watching the motorcycle guys do their tricks at the end.
These guys are amazing! The third guy is hard to find. He's in front of the crowd so he blends in a bit.
These two passed out rather quickly after getting in the car. It makes for a late night!
Thursday July 25
Today we spent most of the day doing laundry, packing and cleaning up a little bit. We did take the kids to see Despicable Me 2 later in the day.
Friday July 26-Saturday July 27
These days were spent driving home. We stopped in Boise at this really nice camp site that luckily had a pool, because it was hot! We had to turn on our AC in our trailer and it took awhile to cool it down. They also had this playground that the kids were glad to play on.
Cute sleeping kids
Some one was taking pictures on that last day of driving home. At least everyone looked happy!
Utah trip...DONE!

1 comment:
One of these days I'm going to make it to the rodeo! It looks fun. I love those pictures of your kids sleeping in the camper. They're going to have so many good memories sleeping in there. And the ones of them in the car driving home were cute too. Isn't it a good feeling to have the Utah trip done?!
Post a Comment