I'm two months behind on blogging. Not too far, but considering those two months have been jam packed with activities and vacations, there's going to be a lot to catch up on. So bear with me. We just got back from a fun filled 3 week vacation with my family, so I've got laundry piled high, a dirty trailer to clean, suitcases to unpack and a messy house still decorated for the 4th of July and Noah's birthday. But, I thought I'd at least get one post up to get the ball rolling. Then I'll get to the other stuff!
So this post is for the beginning of June. School was almost out--I was so ready to be done in May! It's hard to go till the middle of June, but I'm always glad for it when my sibling's kids have to go back to school in August and we get to have summer until after labor day.
We finished up swimming lessons during the first week of June, had dentist appointments for all 4 kids, Maggie got new glasses, Lydia and Paige had Field Day at school and Paige went to her friend Ella's birthday party. On Thursday of that week, Lydia had a school musical performance, "The Pied Piper". It was cute--all the kids played songs on their recorders and Lydia also played the glockenspiel. (I think that's what it was.)
That Saturday, we went on a family bike ride. We had just bought a new bike trailer for the youngest two and a tandem bike to put on Garrett's bike so that Paige could ride along. We've been trying to get Lydia to ride a bike for years, but she just doesn't want to. Finally, somehow we've convinced her to try, so she is still working on it. She rode on her scooter for the ride though.
I'm the lucky one that gets to pull Bella and Noah...it is HEAVY! Sure makes for a good workout! :)
The next week included in-class dress rehearsals for all three dance classes. Recital is the following week. The 13th was finally the last day of school. It was only a half day. I spent the morning making banners to hang up for them to run through. Apparently, the paper I used was way to thick to tear through. I have a video of it that is quite funny to watch of them trying to run through it. It just ripped off where the tacks were holding it to the wall. Oh well.
My two little accomplices.
Getting off the bus...
Paige didn't want her picture taken by the sign, because she was sad that school was over and was missing her friends. Lyd was so ready to be done with school! :)
I didn't want them to run through it yet, because Maggie still hadn't gotten home yet and I wanted her to see it. Although, I guess I should've let them, because she's too cool for that kind of thing anymore. :)
Streamers as you come through the front door.
I got them each a goody bag to welcome in summer. The tag says, "Orange you glad it's summer?"
Found it on Pinterest. So I found orange goodies to go inside. Plus, some coloring books.
Last day of school picture.
Paige was over her sadness now and wanted a picture.
Then Maggie came home.
Friday, Maggie was gone most of the day on a hike with her friend Emma and Emma's school group. They hiked about 8 miles I think. She had fun, but was pretty tired. Noah had his first birthday party that day...his friend Ethan was turning 4. I went with him because I knew he wouldn't go alone. It was a superhero birthday and really cute, but he didn't participate at all. Just watched.
Ethan and Noah (playing in their backyard)
Cooper and Noah
All the boys wearing their Superhero capes that they got at the party. Of course, Noah wouldn't wear his though. He wore it the next day at home.
His has a big red N on the back for Noah. Cooper, Ethan and Noah will all be going to preschool together in the fall. Hopefully having friends at school will help him feel comfortable there.
After the birthday party, I helped throw a baby shower for our YW secretary who is about to have her first baby. The other members of our presidency helped to throw it. It was fun to help her get ready for her baby boy.
Father's Day
The day before Father's Day, Garrett was gone all day to a shooting competition with 2 friends. He had a great time and even won a couple of prizes.
For Father's Day, we had Jim and Georgia over for a bbq and we had kebobs and rice (like he requests every year.) After dinner, Garrett and Jim opened presents.
Paige created the sign on the chalkboard that we just made for Maggie and Paige's room.
More posts coming soon. (I hope)
4 comments:
Ok, I'm super impressed that you've already blogged!! How in the world? And I'm also impressed with your end of school/welcome summer banners! Those are so cute. The best part was the picture of Noah and Bella next to the sign though. Precious!!! As always, you are so fun to do those things for your kids! Sounded like a busy month!
I love your orange goody bags for the end of summer....how cute! I know I always say this, but, you're the best mom!! I always feel bad I don't do things like that! I used to try a little bit a long time ago, but never do anything now. Poor Grant! I think it's because they are so spread out. At least your kids are close in age so most of them can enjoy the same things! I have also decided that I am dying to come out and see you sometime! I loved when we were out there for Thanksgiving! That was a decade ago! I need to see your new house, which isn't so new anymore! I'm going to look into it sometime!
Tiff, you are a great mom and do lots of things for your kids. Yay--you should really come out here--I would love that! Let me know if it'll work or not! :)
Megs, this was just the first half of the month. Still need to finish June...
I figure cleaning the house and unpacking and stuff can wait. :) I have so much to blog from our vacation, that I'm trying to just jump in and get started! I can't wait to hear about your workshop!
The family bike ride sounds fun. I don't think I'm tough enough to pull a trailer. You must be superwoman! Have you ever thought of becoming a party planner. You do such fun things with your kids.
Post a Comment