Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Annual pictures and Dance Recitals

I like to get the kids' pictures taken every year on--or somewhat near their birthdays.  This year I was really late getting Bella's and Maggie's pictures.  Their birthdays are in April and here it was June.  So I took them plus Noah, whose birthday is in July, and focused on how ahead of schedule I was for Noah's pictures.  :)  Noah's pictures actually turned out quite cute considering how he wouldn't stand alone for the photographer without me.  I tried to hold his hand from a distance.  Luckily, we had the really good photographer at JCPenney's that can make any kid laugh. 
 Bella--my little sweetheart.
Cute Maggie
The photographer actually said to Maggie, "So your mom still makes you do this, huh?"
Am I the only one who makes their kids get annual pictures taken?  
Just so you know, she likes getting her picture taken every year.  :)

On the 19th, we had dress rehearsals for our dance recitals.  This year, they couldn't get all 3 of my kids into one recital.  So, we had to go to 2 rehearsals and 2 recitals.  I enjoy going though, so I didn't mind.  The theme for this year's recital was "Entertainment Tonight".  So all the music for the performances were from TV shows.  

Here are the girls during their performances.  
Paige
Paige is in tap and her dance was to the song "Happy Days" as in the old tv show Happy Days.  It was really cute.  Her good friend Brooke was in her class and performed with her.  Brooke is on the left and Paige is right in the middle.  
 Paige is 2nd from the right

This is her professional picture.  

Bella
Bella is in a class called Wiggles and Giggles.  It's pretty much an introduction to acrobatics/tumbling.  She really loves it though.  Her song was from the Muppets.  
 Bella is right in front--waiting for the music to start.
somersaults
more somersaults
bear walking?  
waiting for her turn
Final pose

Professional picture

Lydia
Lydia is in her second year of hip hop jazz.  Sadly enough this is her last year.  She doesn't want to do dance anymore.  She really likes to dance, but doesn't want to take classes anymore.  Her song was some song I've never heard of before from a show I've never heard of before.  Something like Keenan and Kel?  
 Lydia is in the back, 5th from the left
 2nd from left

Professional Picture

 I was trying to get pictures of the girls after their performances, but they were being so silly. 
 Paige and Brooke trying to lift one another
  Then they decided to lift up Bella.  
 Flowers from dad
Obviously, Paige and Bella were in the same show one night....
and Lydia was in the following night's show.  She was much more cooperative with pictures.  

On the day of Paige and Bella's performances, Lydia and Paige went to a Stake Activity Girl's Day activity.  This year instead of having it at our stake center, they went to Tillamook and did it all at the beach.  They had such a good time.  It was beach themed and they got leis and a t-shirt.  They played fun games at the beginning and were able to go to little classes on modesty and friendshipping (I think--can't remember what they told me) and got to do fun crafts like make friendship bracelets and other things.  I guess I should ask them tomorrow--anyways, the point is is that they went and really enjoyed their day.  I'm so grateful for the leaders who spend so much time planning fun and uplifting activities for our kids!  

2 comments:

tiffany said...

Cute pictures of the kids! My kids only get school photos taken each year. I would enjoy the dance recitals, too! I was so sad when Karlie quit dance eons ago! Their costumes were all cute!

Megan said...

Colin is only 7 and I'm already slacking on getting their pictures done because I didn't get his done this year. :0(. The girls looked cute in their recitals!