Day 6--Sunday the 24th
After breakfast at the Office again, we decided that we wanted to take the kids on a glass bottom boat. They take you out to the tip of the baja peninsula and then back. While you are out there, they stop at one spot where you can see some colorful fish. We saw a few, but there weren't very many. Lydia didn't come with us because she wasn't feeling very good. She went back to the condo with grandpa and grandma. She was fine...just tired and sunburned with a stomach ache.
The glass bottom of our boat.
The kids enjoyed looking for the fish.
At the arch and tip of the baja peninsula.
A view of our condo from the ocean.
Ours was a pretty uneventful trip. When Josh and Tanya went, they saw a whale breaching. Pretty cool. I guess we just went at the wrong time. They went later in the day.
These girls kept BEGGING to paint something. We finally gave in and they both painted ceramic dolphins.
He painted an alligator. Love how he squints his eyes when he smiles for a picture.
At dinner...Maggie got new sunglasses today that she loves.
This is my nephew Caleb. He has a special bond with Maggie--he loves her! He calls her his sunbeam. It is so cute! She loves him too and can't get enough of him.
Lydia still really tired and terribly sunburned. Most of the restaurants provide blankets for you to wear when the nights turn chilly.
Bella...cold and tired. It's probably only 8 o'clock. We don't keep our kids up all hours of the night...just so you know. :)
Me and Noah...he turned his head right as the picture was being taken.
Day 7--Monday the 25th
Another fairly lazy day at the pool...
Both girls reading...they eventually got in, but they love to read.
Lydia had a little follower the last two days we were there. This little boy (I can't remember his name) who was about 4, kept following Lydia around the pool (the kid in the red hat) and talking to her and asking questions. Lydia was so sweet and would talk with him and play with him...for hours at a time. Later in the day, his mom came up to me and wanted to tell me how impressed she was with Lydia, for 'putting up with her son' and being so nice to him. She is really good with little kids--she's usually very patient with them. I was so proud of her for being so nice to him. I noticed that his parents took a picture of them together. They are from Australia and had cool accents--Lydia kept trying to mimic their accent. She's pretty good too.
This was actually everyone's last day, except ours. We left the next day. So, this is our one and only group shot for the whole trip.
They left around one and we swam until around 4 and then after getting dressed, headed down town to do some souvenier shopping, even though Garrett was the only one that wanted to go. We got each of the kids t-shirts and the little girls got little dolls, but that was about it. I didn't like having my kids walk around the stores and shops downtown because a LOT of their merchandise had inappropriate words/images/ideas on them and it was everywhere. So, we didn't stay very long.
After we got back, we walked down the beach to the same restaurant that we went to a couple of nights before. There was a beautiful full moon out...it was a gorgeous evening!
It's hard to tell in this picture, but that is us around the table.
Lydia and Maggie
Really cute picture of Lydia
Day 8--Tuesday the 26th
Going home
There are hardly any pictures this day. In the morning, we had a buffet breakfast at the resort, which was really yummy. Except for the pain I was in, it was a great breakfast. For the past couple of days, I had been having some pain in one of my upper left side teeth. I knew I was going to need a root canal, since my dentist had just replaced a really old and deep feeling a couple of weeks before and said that that might happen. The pain had been getting more intense and coming a lot more often. At breakfast, it felt the worst...it was really excruciating...so I kept popping ibuprofen like crazy. It'd go away for a couple of hours, but the would be back again. Anyways, I called my dentist from the airport in Mexico to see if he could squeeze me in for the next day, and they were able to get me in. So, the next morning, he confirmed that I needed a root canal, but I had to go to a specialist and they couldn't get me in for another week. So my dentist prescribed me a stronger ibuprofen and some vicodin. I still had to stay right on top of my drugs, so I wouldn't be in pain. The root canal was probably one of the worst experiences ever, so I hope I never have to experience it again, but man I am so happy to not have the severe pain anymore and glad I don't have to be on drugs 24/7! I hate going to dentists, but I am so glad for the things they can do!
Anyways, back on track...
After breakfast, we finished packing up and had to check out of our room by 10. Our shuttle was coming to pick us up around 1:30, so we let the kids swim for a bit, then got everyone out and dressed and went and got some lunch and then got on our bus back to the airport. So depressing to be leaving such a fun place, but it is always nice to get back home and we had a great, relaxing time!
On the plane ride home, I was in the middle between Noah and Bella. I got up to use the bathroom and left my phone on my seat. When I got back, Noah had my phone and was taking pictures. These are a few that he got. This is Maggie trying to catch up on her home work.
4 comments:
What a fun vacation you had...so sorry about your tooth. I'm sorry you had to wait so long before you could get it taken care of. That's a bummer. Glad that you all had such a fun time.
Your whole trip looks just amazing. I'm glad you had fun :)
The boat ride and painting look fun. Eating out by the moon light looked so cool! Sorry again about your tooth. Hopefully you won't have to do that ever again!
It is never fun leaving a great vacation! I really want to go to Cabo now sometime! That was a really great pic of Lydia with the colorful blanket/pancho thing. Oh my, a root canal is one of my biggest fears...yikes! So sorry you had to go through that!
Post a Comment