I may have mentioned before that Garrett's parents own timeshare condos in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. They usually try and go every year to use them up and we've gone with them a few times. The last time we went was in 2006, when Paige was a year old. We thought it would be fun to go again. Garrett's brother Josh and his family decided to come too. Our flight left on Feb. 19th at 6:15 AM. UGH!! So, to help us a little bit, we decided to get a hotel room near the airport on Monday night, so we could sleep an extra hour. It sounded good in theory. Normally our kids would go to bed between 8 and 9. I was hoping to get them in bed right at 8. But that didn't work, because there ended up not being enough beds, so Lydia had to sleep in a chair. Plus they didn't have extra bedding for the hide-away bed and even though we requested a crib to be there, it wasn't. So, we had to wait for all those things to be delivered. By then it was like 9. Then, the kids just couldn't get to sleep, for whatever reason. So, we didn't get to bed until like 9:30 or 10. We had to get up at 3 to make the 4:00 shuttle to get us to the airport. I didn't sleep very well, because I'm a very light sleeper and would wake up whenever someone got up to go to the bathroom, which seemed like a lot. Plus, we had Bella in bed with us and that girl kicks. At one point, she rolled over and was using me as a pillow. I couldn't help but laugh at that. Then at about 1 am, (Lydia was sleeping in the chair next to my side of the bed) I could hear a bunch of movement. So I got up to see Lydia getting dressed. I asked her what she was doing and she said she wasn't tired, so she was getting ready. I tried to be calm and told her to go back to bed, but I wasn't very happy. I think if we had just spent the night at our house, we would've had a better night. Oh well.
Regardless of the previous night, the kids did an excellent job on the 2 flights. They were really good. I guess it helps to have some kind of electronic device for each kid to use. That helps a ton!! Noah fell asleep about an hour before we landed in Mexico.
Lydia ready to be off the plane!
We landed around 1 pm and then had to go through customs which seemed to take forever. Then, luckily Garrett had made a reservation with a private company to come and pick us up so we didn't have to deal with all the people trying to make you "good deals" to use their transportation services. We just walked up to the people that had our name on a clipboard and away we went. They even provided a car seat for us. So nice! Cabo is about 45 minutes away from the airport, so by the time we got to the resort, we were pretty hungry. Grandma and Grandpa were waiting out front when we got there and the kids were so excited to see them there. We quickly changed into our swim suits, then headed down to eat at the restaurant before getting into the pool.
We stayed at Pueblo Bonito Rose. Here are some pictures:
From the beach looking in
an arial view
Mr. Cool
We just ate at their buffet for a late lunch.
Ready to swim...
Garrett bought 2 inflatable rings to bring with us and a big inflatable dragon to ride on. The kids loved them.
After we got back from swimming, Garrett wasn't feeling very good, so he laid down to take a nap. I think he had a little bit of what I had. Plus, he had hurt his knee pretty bad somehow, so he could barely walk. It hurt him most of the week we were there. So, he couldn't go scuba diving, which made him pretty upset. For dinner, I just went down to the little store they have in the resort and got cereal, milk, peanut butter and jelly and bread for an easy dinner. Everyone went to bed early since we were so tired.
.jpg)

5 comments:
Looks like tons of fun!
Man, I got tired just reading about you guys getting up at 3am. That's a bummer you slept so poorly, but how nice that everyone was good on the plane! And that condo looks really nice! Everyone looks so cute on the plane and swimming in the pool, especially little Noah.
Looks like a great trip :) I'm glad you guys had fun.
Wow, what a wonderful place to go for vacation. It all looked very nice, and it always helps to have family together to share it with.
Looks awesome!! What a beautiful place! Seeing this and knowing Megan & Steve are about to head out on their vacation makes me wish we had invested in a time share! That's too bad about Garrett's knee and him not being able to scuba dive!
Post a Comment