Since we hadn't really done much camping over the summer, we wanted to go on at least one trip before school started. So, over Labor day weekend, we made plans to head down to Lincoln City/Newport area for a few days. We headed down that direction because Garrett had purchased a groupon for the Newport Aquarium and we thought that would be a good time to use it. We camped at a place called Chinook Bend. We've been there before and liked it enough. This time it was really crowded though and I think we all felt a little clausterphobic.
The first full day that we were there, we decided to go to the aquarium. It's been a few years since we've been there. Garrett and I weren't as impressed with it this time. Maybe because we'd already seen it a couple of times. The kids had fun though.

I don't ever think I've seen a real sea horse until this day. These were so cute!
Forcing our kids to touch the sea creatures.
Having lunch before shopping.

Back at the campground; playing.
Lydia desperately wanted to buy this rubber snake at the aquarium. I think she wanted it so badly because she knows that I HATE snakes and thought she could torment me with it. I told her straight up that if she came anywhere near me with it, it would be chopped up and thrown in the garbage. Luckily, she listened very well. She played with this thing non-stop and didn't bother me at all with it! She put it in the dirt and played with it around camp and so many people thought it was real. She had a great time with it.

The next day, we had big plans for going to the beach in the afternoon. Right around late morning, Maggie started complaining about a headache and that her eyes were blurry. Turns out it was the beginning of a migraine. This is the second one she has had and they are miserable. So the whole afternoon, we were helping her deal with that. I cleaned up vomit numerous times and I sent Garrett to a store with all the kids to get some migraine medicine, so that she could try to rest a little. (Which is fairly hard in a trailer with 7 people.) Finally around 4ish, was when it finally started going away and she was able to get up and talk and move around without wanting to throw-up or be in serious pain. By that time, our nice, sunny fall day had turned cold and cloudy. We went for a short walk, but it had really gotten cold, so we stayed in for the rest of the night. We had to come back the next day because school was starting the following day. We still had a good time and it was nice to get out.


























3 comments:
It sounds like a really fun weekend. Micah would have loved it all, especially the sharks and Lydia's toy snake! Pook Maggie though. That must be really tough for her.
Love the picture of you and Garrett in the mermaid cutout - hilarious!! Noah is so big and so cute! Yes, poor Maggie. Hopefully she won't get those often, they sound terrible. And yikes with the snake! Colin held a snake yesterday at his fieldtrip and just hearing about it gave me the heebie jeebies! Luckily Lydia's is fake but it does look real. Looks like a fun campout. The aquarium looks awesome!
Oh, poor Maggie!! That sounds terrible! It looks like it was a really fun weekend, though, besides that little episode! I think the aquarium looked really cool! Loved that pic of Noah up by the shark...too funny! That was cute about Lydia and her snake. Glad she had such a good time with it and didn't torment you!
Post a Comment