I love having my parents in Utah because it is so much easier for us to go visit them now that we are close enough to drive. I plan on going there every summer; its fun to just hang out with my parents at their beautiful property. This year we went a little bit earlier because my sister Tiffany was taking her daughter out to school at Utah Valley University. My other sister Charee and two of her kids also came along. It was fun to hang out with them.
We left on July 30th and drove to Nampa, ID. We got to Wellsville that afternoon around 3, just in time for a family reunion of sorts with both sides of our family. It was fun to see everyone!

Some of my Hansen cousins: Jodi, Trisha, Dan, Andy, Brett, my sister Charee, my sister Tiffany and myself
And these are a few of my cousins from the Simper side (my mom's side of the family): Tysha, Tiffany, Charee, Tyler and me.
Hanging out in their backyard around the fire pit
The sky was beautiful that night, so we had to take pictues...
My sister Tiff took this one.
Grandma and Grandpa with Paige and Bella
Paige and Grandpa Hansen
Maggie, Karlie (my niece) and Tiffany.mom and dad
That night there was a thunderstorm and we lost power for a little while.
August 1st--Charee went to Elko while her girls went to visit their Pickering grandparents. We went to lunch at Cafe Rio. I looked through mom's pictures and then we had fajitas for dinner and had a camp fire outside.
August 2nd--This was Noah when we ate out at In 'n' Out Burger in Provo. He is such a little monkey--he's always trying to get his feet out and up on the table. He totally looks like a monkey in this picture! We went to BYU for the day to reminisce the good old days. Ends up Garrett had to work most of the time we were there, though.
Tiff and I
Noah in the WILK--we ran into Olivia Gallegos while we were there--it was fun to see her again. (One of my young women)
Me in front of my building, the McKay building
It was really hot and sunny that day
Good 'ole Y
Of course, we had to drive around and look at all the places we had lived. These apartments, called Southridge, were actually where we met.
This is the house we lived in the very last semester before we graduated.
Garrett was living here with some roommates before we got married.
I was living here at the Brittany while we were dating and when we got engaged.
Lived in Union Square after we were married
That night after we got back from Provo, we all went out to dinner here at Maddox in Brigham City. My parents met here while they were both working here
dinner at Maddox
After dinner that night, my mom had an early surprise birthday party planned for my sister who was turning 40 on the 15th. She opened 40 fun little presents!
Tiff and her son, Grant
with my parentsAugust 3rd--Finish reading Hunger Games, look through more of mom's pictures. Tiffany goes to pick up Rachel and Emily from the Pickerings.
Noah really enjoyed hanging out with Tiffany because we look so much alike. We had pork chops for dinner and then went out for ice cream.
Grandpa taking all the kids out for icecream
Bella really enjoying her chocolate ice creamAugust 4th--We gave the kids baths, then Garrett and I go out to lunch at Rumbi's.
Love this picture of the wind blowing Noah's hair
Bella playing with the rings for lawn darts
We had sweet pork tacos for dinner.
My mom's birthday is on the 17th, so we had a few presents for her a little early
We made a book for her with picture of us kids and grandkids with her and each one of us wrote special memories with Grandma and what they love about her. It turned out really nice. We made one for my dad for last father's day
Looking through the bookWe had a fire again and then there was a WICKED lightening storm!
August 5th
Paige and Bella




3 comments:
Ugh, I'm jealous. Wish I could have been there. I remember that house in Provo where you & Garrett lived before you moved to OR. I'm surprised all of those places were still there. I know one of my apt. buildings was demolished to be a parking lot. It was pretty ghetto though. Looks like you had a fun trip. Maybe next summer?
So fun to see all of the pictures! It was a great time, and so glad that a few got to come! Yes, Megan - maybe next summer!
I would love to go out every year....we had such a great time! We gotta get back to Yellowstone, too! Megan, sooo many things had changed at BYU. Helaman Halls is completely different. There was not one thing familiar. I barely recognized the courtyard and the bookstore. Although it was a VERY long time ago that I was there. Love the posts, Mind!
Post a Comment