Monday, July 25, 2011

Noah's 1st Birthday

I guess I should title this post, "Noah's sort-of 1st birthday". Those of you that know me, know that I like birthdays and like to make a big-to-do for my kid's birthdays. Noah's birthday was July 1st and we left for Ohio on July 2nd at 6 am. So, due to the fact that I was doing laundry and packing the week of his birthday, I didn't have time to plan a party or come up with a cute theme or make a cake or even shop for any presents. Poor Noah, I know. Luckily, a month or two months before, we had bought Noah a toy at Costco and were saving to give it to him when he got a little older. So, we pulled that out and gave it to him on his birthday. It wasn't even gift-wrapped or anything. I know, I'm such a slacker.



Garrett's mom Georgia, offered to make Noah a cake so that we could celebrate when we got to Ohio, which was really nice of her. So, the day after we arrived, we had his birthday cake and sang to him, but unfortuneatly, he didn't like it. AT ALL. All he did was pick it up and flick it off his fingers. Crazy boy.
Starting off pretty excited!!
Looks pretty good...
Ummm...not so sure about this...

Yuck!


We'll just throw it on the ground instead!

It was pretty funny. And just to clarify, the cake wasn't disgusting...it was really yummy!

A couple of days later, Georgia made a chocolate cake and he really liked this one. For some reason, we didn't give him a whole piece of cake and let him dig in. So, I don't have the "really messy cake face" picture.

He sure liked it though!

Giving Grandma Georgia a "high-five"!
When we got home, we opened the present that my mom had sent for him. He liked it at first until he punched it and it came back for him. It took him awhile to get used to it. Garrett's parents gave him a cute outfit, too. So, he did get a few things for his birthday.


And yes I DO know that he doesn't care one way or the other about his birthday, I just feel bad because I didn't really do anything for it. I'm sure he'll ask one day when he's older why he didn't get a big party with lots of balloons and presents. And then again, maybe he won't.

6 comments:

Megan said...

I tell ya, it's the baby of the family who gets the shaft!! Just kidding! I'm sure he won't care, besides he got TWO cakes! You can't beat that. And he's a smart kid. He was holding out for the chocolate cake! We gave Cora that penguin for her first birthday and she loved it. She was surprised at first too though. Happy Birthday Noah!!

kate n. said...

Well, he looks pretty happy to me with his new toy! If he ever complains, just say, "Well, the Nelsons don't even give their kid ONE cake on their first birthday!"

JoAnnHansen said...

Looks like he had a great time!!!
Happy Birthday Noah!

Anonymous said...

Nope he wont...dont worry bout it!

tiffany said...

It looks like he had a good time with his little celebrations, anyway! That penguin is soo cute!

Tonya said...

He looks really happy to me. He is such a cutie. Blake didn't like his first cake either but now it's a different story of course.