Monday, April 4, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

Normally, I don't ever do anything for St. Patrick's Day. We usually wear green, but that's it. I didn't do a lot this year either, but we did a few festive things. Everyone wore green...


Paige and Bella graphed the marshmallows in Lucky Charms. I never buy Lucky Charms, because all they ever eat are the marshmallows. But, since it was St. Patrick's Day...I bought it for them to eat for breakfast.


Paige, Bella and Lydia also made cute little Leprechauns as a craft out of paper plates, yarn and construction paper.

We had a green dinner with a green and white table setting (which I forgot to take a picture of). Our dinner consisted of Pesto Pasta--green because of the pesto, green onions and broccoli-- shamrock rolls and green lemonade.
These are the shamrock rolls I found on another blog--can't remember which one though.
For their treat, I had found this idea on The Crafting Chicks blog and thought it was simple enough. Mine was filled with Reece's Peanut Butter Cups and Rolos because of the gold wrapping, then I put a bunch of Skittles on top for a "rainbow".
I guess one of these years I should try to encourage making leprechaun traps. That would be something fun.

5 comments:

Solviej said...

Cute, I really love the shamrock rolls.

Megan said...

I didn't even remember it was St. Patrick's Day. Colin's teacher put a green shamrock sticker on him because he didn't have any green on! I'm such a slacker. You had some cute ideas, I like the leprechan craft!

Anonymous said...

Your the best Mom...I never do anything. What great memories your giving your kids. I am going to try to take a page out of your book.

JoAnnHansen said...

FUN GREEN POST! Love all of the fun activities that you do! I'm sure that your kids do too!

tiffany said...

One word: SUPERMOM!! :)