
We also went out to Chevy's for my birthday dinner--it's one of my favorite restaurants! I love their chips and salsa!
Lydia's birthday was on the 19th and Garrett was still out of town. The girls and I and Noah went out and celebrated anyway by eating out at one of her favorite restaurants, Panda Express. We also went to Target and I let her pick out two toys for her birthday. She also got her own set of scriptures and a scripture case from Garrett and I and some chapter books.
We waited until after Thanksgiving to have her friend party. She decided that she wanted to have a Toy Story 3 Birthday party and invite 7 of her closest friends. It would have been much easier to go somewhere for her party and I really tried to convince her of that. But, the last two birthday parties were bowling and roller skating, so she really wanted to stay home and have games and such, so I threw something together. It's fun to do, but SO much work!
Her friends that came were Blake, Rayden, Peng, Elise, Taijah and Riley. Jake was the only friend that wasn't able to come. After everyone arrived, we had pizza for lunch.
Then we started some games. We had 4 in all. At the end of each game, I had my lovely assistant, Maggie hand out 5 pennies to each participant. After all the games were played, they were able to go to "Woody's General Store" and "buy" their loot for their goody bags.
The first game was a stick horse relay, you know because of Bullseye. I had two kids race against each other. Since it had been raining all morning, I was going to scrap that game since it needed to be outside and no one really wanted to go run around in the rain. So, I really didn't have any kind of "course" set up. So, I had them just go up and down the sidewalk. It worked.
The second game was "army men bowling" with a golf ball. The kids really liked that one and wanted to keep getting turns. One of Lydia's friends, Blake, asked that if he got a strike could he have more pennies? So, I told them I would give them 5 more pennies if anyone got a strike. They all tried again and were very determined, but I think there were too many army men and only 2 golf balls. So, no one ever got a strike.
The third game was another relay to see who could put Mr. and Mrs. Potato head together the fastest. All the kids, except Lydia put them together rather silly. But Lyd was very traditional about it.
And the last game I had was an "Alien Shoot-out". I thought this one would be the one that they were all excited about, but it turned out to be a dud. I didn't test it beforehand, so it didn't work as well as I would have liked. Oh well...I had green paper cups that I had Maggie glue 3 googly eyes onto for the aliens. I stacked them up in a pyramid and gave each of the kids a squirt gun and they had to race against another kid to see who could knock down all the aliens. Turns out the the water wasn't spraying with enough force to knock the cups down very easily. They had to be right up next to the cup. Garrett thought I should've used a nerf gun. Oh well, now I know for next time.
When we were done, the kids lined up to buy their loot. I had different items listed for various prices. Like little Toy Story figures were 4 cents each, stickers and sherrif badges were 2 cents each and army men and left over Halloween candy were 1 cent each. The kids were loving the candy. I thought it was a cute idea.
4 comments:
Oh my gosh, Mind....I know we always say this, but you are the party Queen!! Your kids are so lucky to have you for a mom! That bed cake is sooooooooo cute!! You need to start your own business! Looks like Lydia had alot of fun. I just have to say, Maggie is quite the fashionista. In several pics lately, I've noticed she's dressed so cute. Love all her scarfs she wears!
Seriously woman, I don't know where you find the strength and time!! That looked like such a fun party and the cake was adorable!! And I LOVED the idea of the general store and the pennies. What a great idea! Good work Mind! And Happy belated to Lydia!!
And I forgot to say, I loved how Maggie was your assistant. So cute.
Looks like you both had wonderful birthdays! I'll bet you are really enjoying your camera.
I don't know how you had time to just "throw" the party together -
looks like it turned out great! Very cute birthday cake! Fun party!
Post a Comment