On about the 3rd or 4th lesson, the teacher--Janice, left the girls alone in the arena while they were walking the horses. She was gone for about ten minutes, but in that time Lydia's horse (Tanner) decided to start trotting and Lydia got a little freaked out because she couldn't make him stop and she was afraid that she would fall off. So, Maggie helped her stop Tanner and get her off. After that incident, she didn't want to take lessons anymore. We got her to take one more lesson on a day that Garrett was able to go and watch them. But she wouldn't do any more after that. I think she was really scared that one day. Since Garrett didn't have any kids, he was able to take the camera and get some pictures and videos of the girls.
Maggie absolutely loved every minute of every lesson. They learned how to brush and take care of the horse, how to clean out the hooves, how to put on the sadle and the bridle; the proper way to get on and off the horse; and Maggie towards the end was learning how to trot. She would love to take lessons again and wants to have horses when she gets older. I think it was a good experience for both of them and I'm glad that they finally got the chance to learn; and I'm glad that we are finally done with all the lessons!
Maggie absolutely loved every minute of every lesson. They learned how to brush and take care of the horse, how to clean out the hooves, how to put on the sadle and the bridle; the proper way to get on and off the horse; and Maggie towards the end was learning how to trot. She would love to take lessons again and wants to have horses when she gets older. I think it was a good experience for both of them and I'm glad that they finally got the chance to learn; and I'm glad that we are finally done with all the lessons!
3 comments:
Go Maggie! I always wanted to take hourse riding lessons too, maybe one day Maggie can teach me:)
Great, great fun!! Glad she got to finally take some lessons! I loved seeing the photos. Karlie really liked it when she did it, too!
Oh, I miss my riding lessons. Hopefully I'll be able to go again and I can't wait for Cora to get older and we can go together. That instructor shouldn't have left those girls though, even if it was only for 10 minutes. I feel bad for Lydia getting scared. Looks like so much fun!!
Post a Comment