Saturday, September 18, 2010

1st Day of School

Maggie and Lydia started school on September 7th. Maggie is in 5th grade and Lydia is in 2nd grade. They have both been ready to start school for a long time now. I think it was mostly due to our boring summer, but really because they both like school, especially Maggie. But Lydia was equally excited to start.






Maggie has Mrs. Glasscock for her teacher, but goes to Mrs. Kolstad for 6th grade reading. She was disappointed at first with her teacher because she was hoping for Mrs. Anderson (who was her 3rd grade teacher--Miss Harvey, before she got married). But, I think she's really liking Mrs. Glasscock.



Lydia initially had Mrs. Scott for second grade. But since they had like 30 more kindergartners show up than they were planning for, they had to switch some teachers around. So, they took Mrs. Scott from 2nd grade and moved her to Kindergarten (Paige's teacher) and moved Lydia and some of her classmates into Mrs. Bayley's class. This is the same teacher that she had in kindergarten and 1st grade. We really love Mrs. Bayley. She is a wonderful teacher. Lydia was so excited when they moved her back.





Paigey girl has Mrs. Scott and is in the same class with a lot of her buddies. She's really having a good time and really enjoys riding the bus. Bella really misses Paige while Paige is at school. These two are such good buddies even though they are the farthest apart in age.











This is Paige's buddy, Hayden. They went to preschool together. They are going to marry each other when they get older. :)

As for myself, I'm really enjoying having the girls back in school. Things are so quiet at home and I'm able to spend more time with Bella and Noah. Although I really liked the laid back days of summer where we could do whatever whenever, I'm really liking having things back on a schedule again. I'm trying to get back to my cleaning schedule that I had before and trying to find time to exercise, but Noah's not quite on a consistent schedule yet, so things aren't completely back to normal. Anyways, I really like the school that the girls go to and we've had some really terrific teachers. Here's to a great school year!!

She's such a good helper!!


We're also busy with some after school activities. Each of the girls signed up for a dance class. Maggie and Lydia are taking a hip-hop/jazz class. They are both having a great time with it, although they are in separate classes. They've both taken ballet, and Maggie's taken acrobatics and Lydia's taken tap, so this is new to both of them. Paige is taking pre-tap and is enjoying the sound of her shoes on the floor. She has a really fun teacher, too. I also signed them all up for soccer even though I've tried in previous years and they didn't want to play. They are really liking it though, especially Paige. She runs and runs and kicks the ball once in awhile. Soccer only goes through mid-october and then we'll just have dance. So, we're off to a busy start.




I guess we didn't get a picture of Maggie--oops!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Wow, you really are off to a busy start! I guess it's better to be busy than bored. I just don't know how you do it all. The girls looked cute for their first day of school and I'm glad they're liking dance and soccer. One of these days I'll get Colin signed up for soccer. I'm a bit nervous about it though.

tiffany said...

Glad everyone's off to a great start with school and activities! You've got some stylish little girls, that's for sure! I always love being on a schedule, much more than not being on one! Glad to see all the new photos!

kate n. said...

great pictures!
That's funny Lydia has had the same teacher 3 years in a row!

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures...Hey wanna shred it together? It might motivate both of us. I need a partner badly!