Don't worry everyone!! We are still having a boy. We had to have a third ultrasound to monitor some things that we found out on our second ultrasound.
When we found out we were having a boy, they also discovered two things that could potentially be problems. The first, was a cyst that was developing on his brain; which more than likely was going to go away. The second "problem" was with his umbilical cord. Instead of having three vessels like normal (one vein and two arteries), his has just one vein and one artery. I've heard it described as the most common irregularity to affect the umbilical cord. Some of the complications that can arise are heart problems, kidney problems and chromosomal defects, among other things. So when we heard this, we were kind of worried, but my doctor was pretty comforting about how it is pretty rare for these complications to happen.
So, we went to the ultrasound appointment a couple of weeks ago and found out that the cyst is completely gone, which my doctor said would happen. And that even though his umbilical cord is the same, the kidneys and the heart looked healthy, and he is gaining weight and growing big. They guessed that he is about 3 lbs. So, no worries! Yay!!
Best 100 Gallon Water Tank Reviews
4 years ago
9 comments:
That's great news!!!
That is such great news....I'm sooo happy! That was quite a scare! Will you have any more ultrasounds before he's born or do they know for sure there's nothing to worry about anymore? Do you have a name picked out yet?
I'm so happy and relieved for you guys!
Talk about scary! Why haven't you said anything? I'm so glad that everything is okay. I can hardly wait to meet your baby boy. Ethan, Cooper, and your boy are going to be super spoiled boys, but sure to be great friends(since they have to deal with all their big sisters).
I am very glad to hear everything is okay. How stressful for you guys! Bryson was a two vessel cord as well. They said he had nothing to do with his heart defect, but most of the time kids with that are perfectly healthy! I hope and pray everything continues to go well for you guys!
Yay is right! I was holding my breath as I was reading that and was waiting for bad news at the end. I'm so relieved everything is fine with the little guy!
Glad he is still a boy....Next time share your burden..we cant really do anything cept add you to our prayers.....luv ya!
I glad to hear he's doing well. I have bunch of Micah's baby clothes that I'd love to send you by the way. Do you think you could use them?
I'm so very glad and grateful that everything is going well. Now the hard part is just getting that name down.!! So happy and relieved !! Love to you all!
Post a Comment