Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Big Surprise from the BEST Husband


Last Saturday night, Garrett surprised me with concert tickets to go and see Tim McGraw (one of my favorite singers) and Lady Antebellum was opening for him. I only know a few of their songs, but I really like them. AND he didn't just get nosebleed seats like we usually go for. He got me FLOOR seats--4th row!!! Neither of us has ever been on the floor at a concert, so I was really excited to go. Now getting these was a big deal because Garrett is not a fan of concerts at all, so this was super sweet of him to do this for me.

We had such a fun time--Garrett said that that was the only way to go see a concert, because the artist is right there in front of you. And you're not just watching a tv screen. I agree. Neither of us was prepared for how loud it was though. Wow--I kept thinking about my poor unborn baby who may either come out not being able to hear or just like country music a lot. :) Our ears were still ringing the next morning; but it was worth it, it was so fun. Here are a few of the shots we got. Of course, our camera battery died right after Tim McGraw came out...just our luck. So we both had our iphones, but they don't zoom at all and the video we took there doesn't sound good because it was so loud. But we still got some good ones.
One of the guys from Lady Antebellum





Good Ole Tim McGraw








6 comments:

Beth said...

How cool! I like Tim McGraw, looks like great tickets. You need to get out and live it up while you still can! Garrett is so thoughtful!

Megan said...

Man Mind, that was soo awesome of Garrett!! Very thoughtful and sweet. I love and miss concerts. It looked like a ton of fun. The floor is the best way to go! I like that one song and didn't know who sang it (the "it's a quarter after one and I need you now"). Fun, fun!

Anonymous said...

NICE.....my concert pictures NEVER look like that! Glad you had fun and hope that Cass was a good babysitter!

tiffany said...

What a guy, Garrett!! So happy for you, Mind...what a fun night, and for no special occasion, either! I don't know much of Tim's music, but he is quite a "hottie"!

Tonya said...

Wow, what a good hubby. Looks like you had a great time. Tim McGraw is awesome!

JoAnnHansen said...

What a fun surprise! I'm glad that
you were able to go! And Tim McGraw,woo Hoo, fun!