Maggie came home from school the other day really excited. She told me that they had a school-wide written spelling bee while we were in Hawaii. And they got the results back that day and Maggie was the top speller for grades 1-5. She had missed 3 words in all, but that was better than anyone else in those grades. So, on April 9th, she gets to head to the district spelling bee to represent Free Orchards students in First-Fifth grades. Way to go Maggie! She also told me that Lydia was the top speller in her 1st grade class. Way to go Lydia! Good job girls! We're proud of you!
5 comments:
I saw Maggie's name in the school news for the spelling bee! Very cool!
that is so awesome! Must be in the genes.
Way to go McKibben girls!! I was in the spelling bee in elementary school! I got all the hard words right and then missed some easy 4-letter word and went out like in 3rd place or something like that.
Way to go Maggie! She is such a smart girl.
Well done Maggie and Lydia.
Post a Comment