Tuesday, April 27, 2010

She's ten years old?

Holy smokes--my little girl has been around a whole decade! Where has the time gone? When I look at her sometimes, I can still see in her face when she was 2 or 3 and calling us by our first names ALL the time; wearing party dresses on hers or anyone else's birthdays and talking non-stop in her cute little voice and always asking us questions about things--she loved asking us "Why?" about everything. She was always so inquisitive and very bright, very creative in her artwork and loving to sing. I guess she hasn't changed much since then; she is still all these things and a beautiful, confidant girl to boot. We love her so much!

Here are just some fun pictures of her, ages 1, 2 and 3. So fun to reminisce!




Every year for her birthday, she has had big, friend filled, theme-centered birthdays. So, this year, we decided that there wasn't going to be a big friend party, just a small celebration with our family. I think she was kind of disappointed with that, but we just thought it was fair--and good for her, too--to take it easy this year.
On Saturday, which was her actual birthday, I spent the morning making her cake, and she opened her presents. Then while Bella napped, Garrett took the other 3 girls bowling. Then we had to split up again because Maggie has been dying to see "Percy Jackson and the Lightning Theif" and we didn't want to take the other girls to see that. So, I took Maggie to Percy Jackson and Garrett took the other girls to see "How to Train your Dragon" and then we met up at the "Old Spaghetti Factory" for dinner. (One of her favorite restaurants) We got back kind of late, so held off on eating cake till the next day after lunch.

Her cake--I love it! I found it off the blog, "The Idea Room"



It was big!

For her birthday, her big gift was a new bike and bike helmet. She was desperately needing this since she outgrew her old one awhile ago. We got this for her like a month ago and she has really enjoyed it. She also got a new watch, a gift card to itunes, some money, some earrings and a necklace and an earring holder. Happy Birthday Maggie, we love you!

8 comments:

Nissinen's said...

Love the cake!!!! I want one like that for my Birthday!!!
Happy Birthday Maggie

Megan said...

Wow, I didn't expect to see another post. I guess it's true, they do grow up fast. It doesn't seem like too long ago that I was calling baby Maggie, Stay-Puff. I can't believe she's 10!! I must be in a good place right now because I'm thinking I don't want my kids to be 10 yet!! They are pretty dang cute when they're little. Happy Birthday Maggie! Oh, and I love the cake, it's huge!

Tonya said...

Wow Mindy, the cake is AMAZING! Yeah, you sure aren't creative..lol

Maggie is such a sweet young lady. It's fun to see a little bit of Paige and a little bit of Bella in the pics you posted of her.

Beth said...

so cute! the Cake is AMAZING! Maggie is such a talented girl. So glad you live so close and our girls can be friends!

tiffany said...

Sounds like she had a nice birthday! She is a very sweet girl! What an awesome cake!! Wasn't expecting all the colors once you cut into it.....super fun!!

Solviej said...

I love the cake! Happy Birthday Maggie:)

JoAnnHansen said...

It looks like everyone had a great
time celebrating Maggie's birthday!
Sounds like a really fun day! Such a sweet girl! Happy Birthday!

Lisa said...

Holy smokes...what a cake! I was just impressed with the outside. Way to go!