Garrett finally made it home on Wednesday night (the 21st). His flight landed around 10:30 that night, so he got back pretty late. I am so grateful that he made it home!! It's been so great having him back--he was able to stay at home all day Thursday and then he went in for a few hours on Friday, but then took the rest of the day off.
Wednesday night (before he got home), we headed over to the school to see the science fair displays. We found out that Maggie won 1st place for 4th grade! Wow! So, now she's off to districts this coming Thursday.
Wednesday night (before he got home), we headed over to the school to see the science fair displays. We found out that Maggie won 1st place for 4th grade! Wow! So, now she's off to districts this coming Thursday.

Starting in 4th grade, students are given the opportunity to join the school choir that meets after school. Maggie joined it this year and has really enjoyed participating--she loves to sing! They've been working on this "production" called "A Better You...A Better Me!" All the songs explore character building concepts like respect, trust, making good choices, being responsible, having good citizenship and fighting fair. Maggie also joined the dancers to go along with the songs. I think she danced in 3 or 4 of the songs. They presented their show to the parents this past Thursday night and it was really good. We are so proud of her for getting involved in these kinds of activities.


Our friends took this video for us, it's much better quality. Isn't she cute?
On Friday afternoon, after the girls got home from school, we headed down to Woodburn to check out the Tulip Festival. I had wanted to go the last Saturday, but we didn't because I didn't want to go without Garrett. So, we went on Friday, because the weather was supposed to be really nice (which it wasn't that great--oh well) and the next day was Maggie's birthday. The tulips were beautiful, as usual and the girls had a good time playing on the swings and slide and the hay stacks.










4 comments:
Smart girls rock! Way to go Maggie.
Glad Garrett finally made it home.
Great pics of all of you in the tulips.
Hi Maggie--Wow 1st place in the entire 4th grade for your science project! I am impressed. And here I am commenting before Grandma Hansen or any of your Aunts. Now that is amazing. You go girl. I loved your song and your dance and all you girls looked beautiful in the tulips.
Love, Grandpa Hansen
Yeah! High-five to Maggie for the science project and for choir! I loved how you got pics of the girls all with a different color of tulip for each girl.....very cute! Glad Garrett made it home and all is back to normal!
I love that tulip festival! The flowers are gorgeous and it's fun to see all of the girls. I'm excited to see a little boy amongst all of those girls! Hope you're feeling ok.
Post a Comment