Thursday, February 18, 2010

Our version of camping

This past long weekend, we dusted off our trailer and loaded it up and went camping. It's been way too long since we've been camping and it was a good weekend to go. We were going to go somewhere along the coast, where we usually go, but surprisingly every place was booked, so we went the opposite direction and headed to Mt. Hood. There's a fun campground there called Mt. Hood Village that some friends have stayed at and enjoyed, so we thought we'd check it out. It was a nice place. I hate to say that in 10 years of living in Oregon, I've never been up to Mt. Hood. I guess it was time to change that.

We left Friday afternoon and got there Friday evening and came back on Monday afternoon. It's so nice to get away and just hang out as a family. We swam and watched movies and read books, drove up to the ski lodges and watched people ski, we even got to have a fire one night and roast hot dogs. On Sunday night for Valentines, we did fondue for dessert and dipped strawberries, bananas, marshmallows and pretzels in chocolate. YUM! On Monday, it was sunny and beautiful, so before we left, we took a hike in the woods and walked through a little river. It was so pretty!

I forgot to take our camera with us on the trip so I had to use my phone to take the pictures.

Cooking our hotdogs on Saturday night



Playing at their playground

Garrett and Bella playing a throwing game with an orange. Check out the following video--SO Funny!

Fondue
Hiking down to the river


Bella showing off her stick that she carried around with her.


4 comments:

Tonya said...

Looks like fun. We've only been to Mt. Hood a couple of times in our 16 years of living here so don't feel to bad.

tiffany said...

What a fun weekend!! I miss camping! Your little trips are awesome....you guys have so much fun as a family! I love the little video, that was too cute! Glad you got to explore somewhere new. Where did you go swimming??

Megan said...

I miss camping too and it looked beautiful there! Looked so fun and the video was so cute, what a little trickster Bella is! It was fun talking yesterday. I'm soo excited for you guys! Steve couldn't believe the news.

JoAnnHansen said...

How fun! What a cute Valentine celebration to do fondue! You will have to bring it at Christmas so that we can try it, does sound Yummy!
Bella is sure growing up! Changing so fast!
Cute girls!!!