Friday, February 20, 2009

Bella

I thought I'd do a quick post about Bella and how she's growing and crawling and eating table food. She's changed a lot in the past couple of months, so I thought our families would enjoy some videos/pictures of her. She started crawling around the end of December and kind of took her time in "perfecting" her crawl. She's gotten pretty fast lately, and now she's getting ready to pull up to standing. She does what we call the "Bear Walk" where she starts off crawling, then straightens her legs so she's crawling on her toes, with her bum up in the air. She likes to stand at the couch, but she can't get up or down without some help.


She has started eating some table food now. Her favorite is cheerios, but she also likes breads and fruits and those nasty little meat sticks. She does really well with picking them up herself and getting the food into her mouth. She eats all the time it seems. I guess she needs the nourishment to keep fueling her growing body. She just had her 9 month check-up and she's 22 lbs 4 oz.and 30 1/4" tall. Lydia, our biggest baby was 22 lbs. 9 oz. at 9 months, so they are pretty close.

This video is a bit long, but I'm not sure how to edit the videos.

Bella's hair is also a lot longer than any of the other girls' at this stage. It sticks straight up like Maggie's did when Maggie had hair at about 1 1/2. It's really cute and we get so many comments about her hair. I could gel it down I suppose, but I think it adds personality and makes her "Bella".
I'm trying to show how the hair goes over the headband--that's a big deal for me!




Her cute personality is really coming out and she is really such a good, happy baby.

5 comments:

tiffany said...

Cute videos and pictures! She has been changing! She looks so much like Garrett! Does everybody say that? Hope you're all doing good!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mindy Sue, she is a little doll! I remember that stage like it was yesterday. What a good Mom you are to document their stages of life so you can compare them all. Cute, cute girls!

Tonya said...

Please don't tame that hair. I just love it!!

Such a cutie!

Megan said...

Yeah, I loved the videos! Bella's changed so much since I saw her in October. It's fun when they start crawling. I'm kind of dreading it this time though with all of Colin's little toys! Cora rolled over for the first time the other day. From her back to her stomach. It was fun! Thanks for the update on Bella!

JoAnnHansen said...

Hi,
I can't believe how much little Bella is changing. She is really finding her place and getting after it. Very cute!!!
Miss you all,
Love,
Mom