This past week, I was able to go and visit my sister Megan and her cute little family. She just had her second child on the 10th of October. So, I took Bella and flew out to see them. My mom was also there, helping out. It was so fun to see Megan and her husband, Steve again. It had been about a year since I had seen them last. They have a little boy named Colin who is 2 1/2 and they just had a little girl, named Cora. They are both adorable little kids and I was so glad to be able to get to know them better.
Here is sweet baby Cora:


And this is cute Colin:

We didn't do a lot while I was there. Just being able to hang out and talk and work on some sewing projects was heaven for me, though. We did go to a pumpkin patch one day, and we went out to eat a few times.
Megan, Cora (under the blanket), Colin and Steve at the pumpkin patch
Colin loved the little maze...
My mom and Megan
Colin found a cute little pumpkin, just the right size.
So many pumpkins...
Me and Bella on the hay ride
Sweet baby Bella
Megan also took us to a really neat Halloween store that has a lot of the department 56 villages that my mom and sisters and I like to collect. I bought a fun piece to go with my carnival. It's called Swinging Ghoulies. It's so cute!!

I don't think he wanted his picture taken, but I think the smirk is great!

We watched some good movies, too. We watched a really old version of Rebecca, a book by Daphne du Maurier. It had Laurence Olivier and Joan Fontaine in it. There's supposed to be another version of the movie, but I have only seen this one. It's pretty good. The book is great, too.
We also watched Jane Eyre. I love this movie, but still haven't read the book. It's on my list of books to read. The best version of this movie is the one with Toby Stephens. I love him as Mr. Rochester.



We also looked through all of Megan's old photo albums which was fun to reminisce about. Steve was great--he made us Indian food for dinner one night, and he also made us a pumpkin pie--it was really good!
I don't think he wanted his picture taken, but I think the smirk is great!
We watched some good movies, too. We watched a really old version of Rebecca, a book by Daphne du Maurier. It had Laurence Olivier and Joan Fontaine in it. There's supposed to be another version of the movie, but I have only seen this one. It's pretty good. The book is great, too.
We also watched Jane Eyre. I love this movie, but still haven't read the book. It's on my list of books to read. The best version of this movie is the one with Toby Stephens. I love him as Mr. Rochester.
Last of all, we watched a movie that my mom recommended. It was called the Great Debators with Denzel Washington. It was a good movie, too.

Here are a few other pictures:

Megan, Steve and Cora
Me and Cora
My mom

Bella and Cora--6 months apart. Two cuties.
I just wanted to thank all those people who watched my kids while I was gone. It was so nice to know that my kids were being taken care of by good people that I knew I could trust. Thank you for your help!
And thanks to Garrett for watching the girls all week on top of working and scouts, etc. Thanks for supporting me and understanding my need to "get away"!
And, last of all, thanks to Steve and Megs for letting me crash at your place!! It was fun!







6 comments:
Glad you had a great time. your girls were really good. We need to have them over more often! Rebecca is my favorite book! I also love that version of Jane Eyre.
I love how detailed your post was!! I just slapped some pictures up with hardly any comments. I'm so glad that you were able to come and weren't too bored! We need to plan a next vacation because once Steve goes back to work, I'm going to be seriously frazzled!!
Hi Mind--Cute pictures! Thanks for sharing all the details of the trip! I wish I could have come, I guess it won't be till our Maine trip that I can see everyone. Me and Charee think we need to have a girls trip to Forks!
Sorry, I deleted my comment, I should have proofread it, misspelled a couple things... what I said was:
Paige was so fun to have over! I think she liked being a "big sister" to Brooke and Brooke liked having a big sister for once!
I'm so glad you had a great get-away. I'm so sorry that Lydia was afraid of our puppy. I hope she won't be afraid to come back some day. Blake really liked having her and wants to know when she can back.
Post a Comment