The young men and young women in our ward went repelling for their activity last week. There's a couple in our ward who are outdoor enthusiasts and have done everything "sporty" under the sun, so they offered to take the youth repelling. This was Garrett's first time going. He said it was pretty freaky taking that first step off of the cliff. I should have Garrett writing this blog since he's the one that experienced it; but I guess he can add to it later. He took along our camera to take pictures of all the youth, but when it was his turn someone got a hold of it and took some pictures of him. The first time he tried I guess he didn't get his feet out quick enough and so he started falling backwards to the point that his head and upper body were lower than his feet. But, of course he corrected himself and was able to get down safely. He even went a second time and did it like a pro, so maybe it wasn't so bad! :) Ya, right. I don't think you'll ever see me taking a step backwards off of a cliff. He certainly is much braver and more adventurous than I am. Here are some pictures of his adventure:
This is his first time. Getting instructions from Dave.

Pretty scary....
No comments:
Post a Comment